Jump to content

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Morihalda said:

 

That's the scary part - I'm not going to be looking for a full-time job during this next month. I know I can get part-time retail anywhere with my experience so I'm not too fussed, and I can do that on the second month of my other half hasn't found a job yet. But I've never had more than a couple days off before, and I was trying to leave this job anyway to get a mental break.

 

.... We just weren't supposed to be unemployed at the same time.

Hope everything works out for y'all!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

 

That's the scary part - I'm not going to be looking for a full-time job during this next month. I know I can get part-time retail anywhere with my experience so I'm not too fussed, and I can do that on the second month of my other half hasn't found a job yet. But I've never had more than a couple days off before, and I was trying to leave this job anyway to get a mental break.

 

.... We just weren't supposed to be unemployed at the same time.

The timing of this sucks, but I know you'll be able to handle this. Take time to refresh and reboot yourself. For the next little bit, the days will be for yourself, and you are not to think about anything else. After that, you'll be refreshed and focused to tackle the challenges in front of you. Also, stop worrying about things that haven't actually happened. I know all too well that it's the source of most anxieties, and you need to focus only on the things that are in front of you. You just have to remember that you already have all the tools you need to overcome this. I have faith in you, and I'm pretty sure everyone else here does as well.

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, DakkauserKaptinBadrukk said:

I will now roleplay a crazy guy who loves hurricanes. 

 

 As opposed to your previous character, who was a totally different crazy guy who loves hurricanes?

 

You're that guy who names all of his fighters Bob, aren't you?  ::P:

 

 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mad Jack said:

 

 As opposed to your previous character, who was a totally different crazy guy who loves hurricanes?

 

You're that guy who names all of his fighters Bob, aren't you?  ::P:

 

 

Huh, I name all my D&D characters after Politicians. 

 

As for Hurricanes...

 

two_atl_5d0.png

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

You're that guy who names all of his fighters Bob, aren't you?  ::P:

 

I had a toy I called Bob the bugbear when I was a kid.

BugbearGoblin1a.jpg

Have no idea what happened to all those guys. My shambling mound is still in a toybox at my sister's house but the rest are long lost.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

When I went to my mother-in-law's on Friday, I found that her home has now been invaded:

 

Spoiler

20170616_183153.thumb.jpg.a1100275c7448dbf46dd0cb46cfe0cbe.jpg

 

He is enamoured by the screen.

 

20170616_183210.thumb.jpg.bc9b4236d8909edd4a8bde1e0aeb978e.jpg

 

He has learned of the glory of the touchscreen.

20170616_184058.thumb.jpg.2bb48aa4fa1446c89368398d458ba388.jpg20170616_184105.thumb.jpg.756718c03702319e2226d0cc26f2684d.jpg

 

He both fits and sits.

 

20170616_185749.thumb.jpg.b44f2d5abd6fda2cde4f3983da2f1a6c.jpg

 

Not completely black; he has a small reddish-brown patch on his back.

 

20170616_193640.thumb.jpg.6c8fc3382ee3761a613df34ffa9ac2f2.jpg

 

He has learned of the incredibly comfiness of the heretofore unreachable top of the chair. He also thought it was a good idea to jump straight down to the floor instead of to the cushions first.

 

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 17
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zink said:

 

I had a toy I called Bob the bugbear when I was a kid.

BugbearGoblin1a.jpg

Have no idea what happened to all those guys. My shambling mound is still in a toybox at my sister's house but the rest are long lost.

 

 Those things go for some decent money these days... Although they do pop up on EvilBay reasonably often. The character figures are hard to find complete with all the weapons and such, but the monsters can sometimes be found still in the blister.

Somewhere down the road, I have a vague plan of throwing money at them to CTA* - I used to have the elf, the dwarf and the human female cleric when I was younger, but never got any of the monsters.

 

 

* Collect Them All!!!!!

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I found out this past Wednesday that the grocery store chain my team works in/for will not allow us to do any resets during the week of July 4, so I have an involuntary week of vacation. If I had the money for brushes I might would try one of the goblin challenges, though I only have Kahnjira, DDS 2, and Ma'al to attempt. I may try to paint Kahnjira up that week anyway, just without the brush size restriction. Anyone interested in seeing if I can get a half decent paint job using a single package of Testors flat and round brushes, I do have most of one of those I can afford to kill off (8 flats, 6 rounds).

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

I had a good birthday, wherein I have become the output of Deep Thought.

 

I may or may not have purchased a cheap fife at a gift ship and then ordered a good one from Ireland.

 

I bought a Dizi but it doesn't sound right and I don't know whether it's defective or I'm just useless.  I might spring for, shall we say, "one of known reputation of quality" so I can eliminate craftmanship as a variable and just deal with MOAR PRACTICE.

 

It's in C, if you were curious.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

I bought a Dizi but it doesn't sound right and I don't know whether it's defective or I'm just useless.  I might spring for, shall we say, "one of known reputation of quality" so I can eliminate craftmanship as a variable and just deal with MOAR PRACTICE.

 

It's in C, if you were curious.

I vote useless...::P:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...