Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Aryanun said:

I love painting minis, just seems like I can't anymore. My dedicated space keeps being taken over by others for other stuff. I give up.

Can't even sympathy like that, but I can relate.  :down:

12 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Spent the day in Seattle at the science center with Husband and a couple of friends. They have an exhibit on the Terracotta Warriors on display so we went and did that. It was great fun, picked up a journal in the gift shop, not sure how I'm going to use it yet but it'll probably be painting related.

That might have to be our first outing once school is done.  ^_^

• Like 7
59 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

... on account of them shipping it in a bubble envelope for some unfathomable reason.

Urgh.  Dislike.

I am getting a 2pc aluminum fife in D - the maker is putting a lip plate on it for me.  In the mean time, practice with the cheap wooden one has resulted in a left-hand grip change that vastly frees up my fingers to, y'know, play my good blackwood low D flute.

• Like 10

A brand-new store had its grand opening here on Saturday, and this is what I found:

20170617_210110.thumb.jpg.07b9ea1cc5652f5a3faec28da842c065.jpg

This is pretty much the first time a store in the province keeps these in stock.  Eating a couple right now, not quite as good as what @Xherman1964 sends out, but they're within easy reach and that counts for a lot. Yum yum yum.

Also, when I was there I had asked one of the store supervisors if they had chocolate covered espresso beans. We couldn't find any at first, so what he did was immediately call up the bakery, he said they can just take coffee beans from the bulk bin and dip them in chocolate, just like that. Unfortunately the chocolate wheel had been already shut down, but he said that they can just make their own and bag it for people to buy. When I said that it was a lot of work just from a customer asking about a product, he said that great ideas have to come from somewhere, and that they'll implement whenever they find them. About five minutes later I found that they had a bulk bin of them tucked away in the bulk candy aisle, so all was good. But seeing how eager they were to try to get me what I wanted instead of just say "No, we don't have any" and just leaving it that, it shows that they're already leaps and bounds better than the other big stores in our area. The place might be a bit more expensive than the others, but it has a vastly larger selection of items and top-notch customer service.

• Like 14

Pezler, where is the new store? The wife and mother-in-law like various european foods and snacks and might be interested in this place. Every time we're in Regina with hit the Ukranian Coop and Mcsmak store to stock up on various eastern european candies and other things that you don't find in a normal grocery store. Any store that's actually willing to talk to customers and interested in their wants is worth supporting too.

• Like 7

It's becoming increasingly apparent to me that I have 2 speeds. Full speed ahead and all stop. I'm my own boss which has good points and bad points. Got most of my spring work done by staying focused and pushing hard. Always more to do though. Family wanted a holiday so we took of for a few days. Now since I've been back I've accomplished almost nothing. Minor distractions keeping me from plowing on full speed ahead again. On the plus side those distractions are keeping me in the house with free time while I wait. So the mini painting has been going at maximum with breaks to read every post on this and a couple of other forums. Tomorrow will be another sort of wasted day as I need to go to the city. Here's hoping Wednesday I'll do something productive other than paint minis. Time to go paint something for a bit while I wait again.

• Like 9
31 minutes ago, Froggy the Great said:

Look at the bright side though, you get to say "Saskatchewan" more times a day than most of us combined.

it's all fun and games until tractor jack sails up and steals all your wheat and barley. 

• Like 7
14 minutes ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

it's all fun and games until tractor jack sails up and steals all your wheat and barley. 

I thought that was Farmville3... <_<:devil: 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, TGP said:

I thought that was Farmville3... <_<:devil: 

Is there a difference*? ::D:

Though it must be said that I'm ever tempted to pronounce the province's name "Sasquatcheon".

* Lest it be thought that I'm making fun of that which I don't understand, my family is from the Red River Valley between Fargo and Grand Forks. And I'm pretty sure you couldn't pay me enough to move back. I'd entertain offers in eight figures**, though.)

** To the left of the decimal point, and in USD, TYVM. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Omg, pockets! I stuck hubby's iPhone 6+, that thing the size of a paperback book in his pocket and it just sunk down into it and vanished. Like, I can't even put my iPod in my pocket and have it be that secure!

Screw you pocket industry! :angry:

I have a pair of shorts that have fake front pockets but real back pockets. It makes no sense to me.

4 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

That might have to be our first outing once school is done.  ^_^

It was great fun. I highly recommend it.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Adept Legacy said:

138571-Same-As-One-Monday-On-Earth.jpg

Pretty much my last Monday this month. Then I am driving west for a vacation. And it will get better.

Funny! 

Special Message from NHC Issued 19 Jun 2017 20:38 UTC   
NHC will be initiating advisories at 4 PM CDT on Potential Tropical Cyclone Three, located over the southern Gulf of Mexico.

Will be posting more later. 

NHC advisory on Potential Tropical Cyclone Three is coming out. This includes a Tropical Storm Warning for the Louisiana Coast. 

A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect from Intracoastal City,
Louisiana, to the Mouth of the Pearl River.

A Tropical Storm Watch is in effect from west of Intracoastal City
to High Island, Texas.
  • Like 2