Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

That they are but I haven't eaten many. We've had a few elk around here for most of my life. About 10 years ago we had a huge population explosion and ended up with several herds of 150-200 elk on our land and the close neighbour's. Total was somewhere over 500 on about a 5x5 mile square. Destroyed fence, ate all the crops, ate the hay we fed our cows in the winter and even crippled several cows that tried to eat hay with them. Had a lot of discussions with the provincial government about compensation and what to do and finally they opened a hunting season. Now we have about 30 or so on our land and a bunch are scattered over a larger area and they aren't a big worry.

Here's a few photos of some of my land and my parent's land that I uploaded to share many years ago.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/8zic42bn04zvz/ranch_photos

• Like 7
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Yes, well, at least you have a repaired and working vehicle.

Could be worse.

Could be raining.

Image result for young frankenstein igor rain

I just rewatched that movie the other day. And then today at work I saw signs around town that the local theater group is putting it on as a show in the near future. The universe must be in alignment to point everyone at a great movie.

Destiny! Destiny! No escaping it for me!

• Like 10

Sympathy Like there Dilvish.

In other randomness I finally test fitted all my Bones 3 minis. The only thing I'm missing is the Frost Giant Warriors set.

Email sent off as per the instructions in the last kickstarter update.

Also. Over on facebook Reaper put up the listing of the first Bones 3 minis to hit retail on July 10th. I'm happiest to see the pack donkey. Wish the camel would've made it too.

-----------------------

And so it begins...   here is the first release of Bones 3 models.

77320 Galadanoth, Elf Sniper  B. Jackson $2.79 
77321 Giant Cobra                  J. Guthrie $3.29 
77322 Kassandra Of The Blade  W. Klocke $2.49 
77382 Vernone, Ivy Crown Knight B. Jackson $2.79 
77399 Sigurd, Viking                  W. Klocke $2.79 
77400 Durgam Deepmug, Dwarf  W. Klocke $2.79 
77401 Andras, Evil Warrior           C. Elliott         $2.79 
77402 Pack Donkey                  J. Guthrie $2.49 
77403 Dingo, Halfling Rogue W. Klocke         $2.49 
89034 Crowe, Iconic Bloodrager B. Jackson $2.99 
89035 Brotherhood Of The Seal B. Jackson $2.99 
89036 Reiko, Iconic Ninja         B. Jackson $2.99 
89037 Quinn, Iconic Investigator B. Jackson $2.99 
89038 Oloch, Iconic Warpriest B. Jackson $2.99 
89039 Graveknight                 T. Prow         $2.99 
89040 Aglanda, Herald Of Razmir  B. Jackson $2.99 
89041 Troll                                    J. Wiebe $3.99 
89042 Red Mantis Assassin    P. Keith   $2.99 
89043 Vagorg, Half Orc Sorcerer   C. Lewis $2.99 
91009 Deadlands Noir: Stone   B. Ridolfi $2.99
91010 Deadlands Noir: Houngan B. Ridolfi $2.99
91011 Deadlands Noir: Femme Fatale B. Ridolfi $2.99
91012 Deadland Noir Patent Scientist B. Ridolfi $2.99
91013 Deadland Noir Occult Detective B. Ridolfi $2.99
91014 Deadlands Noir: Grifter           B. Ridolfi $2.99
77580 Ma'al Drakar the Dragon Tyrant (Boxed Set) 
                                                                J. Guthrie $149.99
77637 Obsidian Crypt (Boxed Set) B. Ridolfi $29.99

These will be available Monday July 10th 2017.

• Like 14

It's totally amazing to me how much of a difference proper insoles help. I got these nice sketchers a few months back (they're all black, but with some pretty cutout designs) and they were all right in terms of comfort. But the longer I wore them the more my knee hurt. I've been trying to find suitable insoles for a while now, but literally every store I went to only had the insoles I needed in men's sizes. My feet arent quite that big.<_< 

So I went online and ended up buying them from amazon. Took a week to get here, and just when I'm starting to think I'm gonna need a knee brace or maybe a whole new knee (from the Body Shop, tehe), holy moly, my knees already feel better. I've been wearing these for maybe 4 hours and the pain is fading, even though I'm standing up! Wtf kind of evil was in those old insoles!?

• Like 12

Good insoles can make a huge difference. I bought some massaging gel insoles for my work boots and they made a huge difference in how my feet felt at the end of the day. They're not perfect, but they're 100x better than the originals, which had extra "padding" directly under the heel which felt like a rock in my shoe that I couldn't get rid of after about 2 hours.

• Like 8

I got the kind with squishy foam in the heels and decent arch support. I've tried the gel ones, and they just don't work for me. Which sucks, because all the work insoles for women in my area are the gel ones <_< I'm very peeved about that.

• Like 5

I use wool felt insoles in my M77 boots. 

A thick and sturdy type by the name of 'Villmark'. 

Nice and warm, soft, and can be machine-washed...

I've tried a lot of foam, gel and whatever types of insoles, but I always end up binning them and going back to the woolen insoles.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

It's totally amazing to me how much of a difference proper insoles help. I got these nice sketchers a few months back (they're all black, but with some pretty cutout designs) and they were all right in terms of comfort. But the longer I wore them the more my knee hurt. I've been trying to find suitable insoles for a while now, but literally every store I went to only had the insoles I needed in men's sizes. My feet arent quite that big.<_< 

So I went online and ended up buying them from amazon. Took a week to get here, and just when I'm starting to think I'm gonna need a knee brace or maybe a whole new knee (from the Body Shop, tehe), holy moly, my knees already feel better. I've been wearing these for maybe 4 hours and the pain is fading, even though I'm standing up! Wtf kind of evil was in those old insoles!?

It's funny, I use gel or foam inserts in my work boots & when I needed to replace a worn out pair I ended up using Ironman (like the watch, not super..) brand  I got at Bi-Mart. You might have those up your way. I tried all kinds of brand, including Dr. Schols & the IM felt the best. Nice thing too, they don't wear out as fast + they are generally cheaper then most name brands. Around 7 bucks IIRC.

Amazing what a boring night at work can do for gaming ideas. Figured out, how I can use the Reaper Hordelings in my RCon games!! I just need more!!

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

This is now the part of the day wherein Jack does basic carpentry while baking chicken.

Just don't confuse the two.::D:

8 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

Adulting sucks. Just got set back 700$ for vehicle repairs.

Ouch.

• Like 2