Jump to content

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging


Recommended Posts

I got a message from a friends about splitting half of the previous 40k boxed set. He wants the Dark Angels, and knows I play Chaos... And I've got to say the cultists in the set are tempting...

 

Gonna need more coffee if these excel equations are gonna make any sense.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, haldir said:

 

This reminds me of what I heard on iheartradio the other day:

 

Poll results: 7% of US adults think chocolate milk comes from brown cows........EGADS!!!:blink::blink:

 

Well, that 7% could be smart-elfs, as I would have been. According to the Washington state dairy association, five of the top seven dairy cows are brown. Only Holsteins and Dutch Belted are black and white. So, technically and statistically, yeah, there's a very likely chance the chocolate milk came from a brown cow. 

 

Yes, yes. That's not what the question was intending, but words have precise meanings and stupid little gotcha polls like that are worthless click bait garbage with how they twist things. I'll defer slandering their mothers, taking into consideration the fauna here, but the flora are acceptable targets, so I'll state that I firmly believe that their fathers smelt of elderberries.

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Morihalda said:

 

I love that so many of your photos are books + food. It's my favorite combination of things so I always smile when I see people enjoy it. ^_^ 

 

One of my favorite memories when I was 19 or so was a rare day when I had a day off AND all of the roommates were gone. I took a blanket and all of the pillows to our little balcony, and created a little nest. The weather was about the high 60s with a nice wind.... I bought a mess of $1 tacos, curled up with my book, and went on reading adventures. :lol: 

There have been a couple of days in my life where I've said "elf it" and then gone and blown off all responsibilities to spend the day reading.

 

Actually it's been a while since I've done that... Hm...

 

Not today though. And this job doesn't give vacation, so any time I take off is without pay. *sigh*

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all! Yesterday was definitely a Monday, let's hope it doesn't repeat itself today. I intend on getting some more paint on giants (they are coming along well but probably not fast enough) when I get some free time after house work which won't be for a while. Probably.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

 

Well, that 7% could be smart-elfs, as I would have been. According to the Washington state dairy association, five of the top seven dairy cows are brown. Only Holsteins and Dutch Belted are black and white. So, technically and statistically, yeah, there's a very likely chance the chocolate milk came from a brown cow. 

 

Yes, yes. That's not what the question was intending, but words have precise meanings and stupid little gotcha polls like that are worthless click bait garbage with how they twist things. I'll defer slandering their mothers, taking into consideration the fauna here, but the flora are acceptable targets, so I'll state that I firmly believe that their fathers smelt of elderberries.

 

I saw one of those silly clickbait box ads a few days back, y'know the kind that say Only Geniuses Can Answer This Question or Woman In Your Area Reverses Aging With This One Weird Trick.  Anyway, this one said "Only 2% of Americans Can Correctly Identify This Country" and the silhouette was the continental US...

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I got the kind with squishy foam in the heels and decent arch support. I've tried the gel ones, and they just don't work for me. Which sucks, because all the work insoles for women in my area are the gel ones <_< I'm very peeved about that.

 

Custom orthotics (hmmm, might have spelled that wrong) saved my knees.  And back, since my legs are slightly different lengths.  

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is achievement of some sort...I misprinted something to a nearby printer where a coworker was already up to get their papers. So they ask "What if I don't wanna give it back?"  "I'll just reprint it." "Smartelf." "What did you expect?" "This is true..."

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I got a message from a friends about splitting half of the previous 40k boxed set. He wants the Dark Angels, and knows I play Chaos... And I've got to say the cultists in the set are tempting...

 

Gonna need more coffee if these excel equations are gonna make any sense.

they are very good cultists

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

they are very good cultists

 

**** 4/5 Stars

RobeGuy42 writes:  "I've been in a lot of cults, but this was by far the best.  Even the low-protein gruel was tasty, and they gave me a dark hooded robe in my own proper size!  The repetitive chanting hardly felt repetitive at all and they even let me have a HUGE glass of Kool-*erk*"

  • Like 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

 

**** 4/5 Stars

RobeGuy42 writes:  "I've been in a lot of cults, but this was by far the best.  Even the low-protein gruel was tasty, and they gave me a dark hooded robe in my own proper size!  The repetitive chanting hardly felt repetitive at all and they even let me have a HUGE glass of Kool-*erk*"

would have been 5 out of 5 if they had used proper jones brand flavor-ERK!

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

The interesting thing about chaos cultists is that when I first started playing (early 3rd edition) you could include a squad (or 2?) Of up to 50 cultists. Basically a mob of poorly armed meat shields. Just as I was finishing up converting 50 cultists, they changed the codex, and cultists were completely cut from the army. 

 

That was my first experience with GW's rules elfing up my army.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

The interesting thing about chaos cultists is that when I first started playing (early 3rd edition) you could include a squad (or 2?) Of up to 50 cultists. Basically a mob of poorly armed meat shields. Just as I was finishing up converting 50 cultists, they changed the codex, and cultists were completely cut from the army. 

 

That was my first experience with GW's rules elfing up my army.

 

To the best of my knowledge, no GW fantasy orc has been allowed to own a ranged weapon since WHFB 5th edition.

 

I still own 30 GW metal orcs with crossbows. True fact.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...