Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

12 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

The interesting thing about chaos cultists is that when I first started playing (early 3rd edition) you could include a squad (or 2?) Of up to 50 cultists. Basically a mob of poorly armed meat shields. Just as I was finishing up converting 50 cultists, they changed the codex, and cultists were completely cut from the army. 

That was my first experience with GW's rules elfing up my army.

that was when they got rid of the best chaos army build. "slaaneshi rock concert" nothing but cultists, demonettes, noise marines, with a keeper of secrets or demon prince as singer.

• Like 6

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, exactly how does GW decide on how to develop the game?

Flip a coin and do 'Heads we retire a unit, tails we elf it over', then throw a dart at a large placard with all the different units listed to decide which one?

How can they stay in business if they continually screw over their players?

Must be something they mix in the plastic...

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

So, exactly how does GW decide on how to develop the game?

Flip a coin and do 'Heads we retire a unit, tails we elf it over', then throw a dart at a large placard with all the different units listed to decide which one?

How can they stay in business if they continually screw over their players?

Must be something they mix in the plastic...

A good reply would take too long to Swype on my cell phone. .. But yes, there is also probably something in the plastic.

Another hour to go...

• Like 4

Last major parenting item for this school year:  chaperoning the 9th grade "moving up from junior high" party tonight.  I anticipate being exhausted by the time I get home.  

Naturally I've put off doing some very minor alterations on my daughter's dress until today, although I think we at least have all the right gear.  Really looking forward to switching to summer mode, even if it means I'll have all the kids running around the house.  

• Like 8

So, my daughter is back, and she's just as wonderful as she was when she left us, if not more so.

For one: She's waking up by herself most mornings.  that's probably saving me 5-10 minutes right there.

For another: She's reading.  I mean, she could sound out words before, slowly?  But now she's reading darn near anything.  Sunday night she read me a good night story.  She reads the titles of my paperbacks in the hall as she sits on the toilet.  She reads signs as we drive along the road.  I got her a 1st grade activity book and she's doing it by herself.  So proud!

• Like 12

Froggy's analogy means you're all in the pool with me, and that means everybody gets to play Guess The Exotic Disease!  Remember, first one to get a new rare one gets it named after them!

Will it be Pezleritis?

Frogisism?

Bluberry Syndrome?

Guindytosis?

Uber Mumps?

OneBolio?

We'll find out after it incubates!

• Like 13

7 hours ago, klarg1 said:

How are things here?

Chaos, anarchy, shenanigans, tomfoolery, fooltomery, silliness, etc.

So, the usual.

7 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I got a message from a friends about splitting half of the previous 40k boxed set. He wants the Dark Angels, and knows I play Chaos... And I've got to say the cultists in the set are tempting...

Go ahead.....you know you want to....

6 hours ago, David Brawley said:

There have been a couple of days in my life where I've said "elf it" and then gone and blown off all responsibilities to spend the day reading.

Actually it's been a while since I've done that... Hm...

Not today though. And this job doesn't give vacation, so any time I take off is without pay. *sigh*

Ewww. do not like.

The taking time to blow off real life for a day sounds amazing, though.

2 hours ago, klarg1 said:

To the best of my knowledge, no GW fantasy orc has been allowed to own a ranged weapon since WHFB 5th edition.

I still own 30 GW metal orcs with crossbows. True fact.

You could use 'em as Ruglud's Armored Orcs. (Dogs of War mercenary regiment)

Or use 'em in a different game. (Kings of War, Dragon Rampant)

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Froggy's analogy means you're all in the pool with me, and that means everybody gets to play Guess The Exotic Disease!  Remember, first one to get a new rare one gets it named after them!

Will it be Pezleritis?

Frogisism?

Bluberry Syndrome?

Guindytosis?

Uber Mumps?

OneBolio?

We'll find out after it incubates!

Hey!  I totally don't have purple-blue splotches all over my limbs...  <tugs sleeves down a little>  It's just...  um...  bruises.  Yeah, that's right.  

• Like 6