Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

I saw an ad recently, don't know if it was fake, but for the low price of $9.99 you could send your enemies a glitter bomb that would be guaranteed to get glitter all over them. 

Just thought i'd mention that.

I can't speak to the particular ad you saw, but I will say that I've seen an actual service that did that. A year or two ago me and my sisters were contemplating sending one our dad's way. He had been complaining about finding glitter all over his house, including on his toilet seat, after my sister had brought her kids down to visit and how long it was going to take to decontaminate his house, so we were all thinking it would be great for a laugh to send him one.

We didn't do it though.

• Like 8

>walks in<

>notices glitter, ashes, disturbed carpet<

Hmmm. Must've been some party last night.

>starts to walk out<

Oh, wait.

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I saw an ad recently, don't know if it was fake, but for the low price of $9.99 you could send your enemies a glitter bomb that would be guaranteed to get glitter all over them. 

Just thought i'd mention that.

Someone else here mentioned that a couple years ago; I'm pretty sure that was the cause of the glitter wars and the silliness that followed.

>walks out<

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

Yes, mostly painted even.

Bones 2 cultist for scale, because I can't find my sir forscale at the moment. 

20170620_201933.png

Well, time to order another Sir. Forscale then!

7 hours ago, OneBoot said:

*walks in*

*flings a double handful of glitter into the air*

*walks out*

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Gah!! I think I got some on me!! Get it off!! 

Get it off!!

Get it off!!

Ahhhhh!!!!

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

>walks in<

>notices glitter, ashes, disturbed carpet<

Hmmm. Must've been some party last night.

>starts to walk out<

Oh, wait.

Someone else here mentioned that a couple years ago; I'm pretty sure that was the cause of the glitter wars and the silliness that followed.

>walks out<

:blink:

Ah yes, the first glitter war... 

• Like 8

Stupid tropical storm. We were supposed to have sustained storms all day, so I'd let the powers that be know that I would be working from home because my street floods and my car is very low to the ground so I don't deal with flooding. So I woke up an hour and a half later than usual, expecting to just hop on my work computer in my pajamas......only it wasn't even raining. I put on the weather and wind shear broke up the storm some overnight, so now we're only looking at scattered storms. I can't justify working from home for scattered storms. So I hopped in the shower and got dressed as quickly as I could and now I'm really bitter about sitting at my desk in actual clothing.

I can't get a straight answer on when the weather's supposed to get bad again - I have 4 weather apps on my phone and every single one of them says something completely different, but everyone seems to agree that "at some point" the weather's going to get severe. So I don't know when to plan to go home.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing that conditions aren't as bad as they thought they were going to be...I would just like a little consistency so I can make a decision on what to do.

needanadult.png.f4a8b49f076724fcb8fbcf6cecf5ff9d.png

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Guindyloo said:

Stupid tropical storm. We were supposed to have sustained storms all day, so I'd let the powers that be know that I would be working from home because my street floods and my car is very low to the ground so I don't deal with flooding. So I woke up an hour and a half later than usual, expecting to just hop on my work computer in my pajamas......only it wasn't even raining. I put on the weather and wind shear broke up the storm some overnight, so now we're only looking at scattered storms. I can't justify working from home for scattered storms. So I hopped in the shower and got dressed as quickly as I could and now I'm really bitter about sitting at my desk in actual clothing.

I can't get a straight answer on when the weather's supposed to get bad again - I have 4 weather apps on my phone and every single one of them says something completely different, but everyone seems to agree that "at some point" the weather's going to get severe. So I don't know when to plan to go home.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing that conditions aren't as bad as they thought they were going to be...I would just like a little consistency so I can make a decision on what to do.

needanadult.png.f4a8b49f076724fcb8fbcf6cecf5ff9d.png

That sucks. Couldn't you just work from home anyway? Cause you want to be home before it gets bad for obvious reasons!!

• Like 6

Just now, David Brawley said:

That sucks. Couldn't you just work from home anyway? Cause you want to be home before it gets bad for obvious reasons!!

Yeah that's why I'm trying to figure out when it's going to get bad...but everything was at least consistent that it definitely wasn't going to start until around lunchtime so I felt like an infant sitting at home when it's not even drizzling out.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

1) Glad you're safe.

2) Work from home anyway.  If you get in trouble for it just say I told you to.

3) About sentence fragments.

• Like 12

1 minute ago, Froggy the Great said:

1) Glad you're safe.

2) Work from home anyway.  If you get in trouble for it just say I told you to.

3) About sentence fragments.

1) Thank you.

2) "I know I probably should've come in, but a frog on the internet told me to stay home. I know that sounds weird, but he's a great frog, a terrific frog, believe me, he's the best frog and that's why I stayed home even though it wasn't even drizzling."

3) And I like sentence fragments.

• Like 15

Another favorite flash mob, because it's not a professional production, but wow, that must have been some amazing wedding.  It's "One day More", the Act One finale from "Les Misérables."

The wedding took place in Denmark (I think) but they're singing in English.

• Like 9