Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm being punished for coming home to work while it's still just drizzling....maintenance was in here for like half an hour and he's coming back shortly with the sheetrock people and painters to fix the holes in the wall from the busted water hose over the weekend.

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

I'm being punished for coming home to work while it's still just drizzling....maintenance was in here for like half an hour and he's coming back shortly with the sheetrock people and painters to fix the holes in the wall from the busted water hose over the weekend.

Not sure how getting your apartment fixed is punishment, but sorry.

Also I am not as recovered as I thought.  Went out to the store to get more bottled water and bringing in two cases wipes me out.  Ah, for the recovery of youth.

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Not sure how getting your apartment fixed is punishment, but sorry.

That's because you're not an introvert plagued with the horror of strangers in your home that you didn't invite nor expect. My anxiety was already through the roof with the uncertainty of the weather. I wanted to come home and snuggle my kitties while I worked. Instead, I'm awkwardly sitting on the couch, too distracted to get any work done, and the kitties are hiding behind the bed. I would very much like to join them.

It's totally fine that you don't get it, btw, I'm happy for people that don't get it. This brain really sucks the life out of me sometimes.

• Like 14

I've got a doctor's appointment in a couple of hours and I'm still not sure what is going to happen. I get botox injections every 3 months for my migraines. Insurance will only pay for it every 12 weeks but we had to make the appointment for 11 weeks since my doctor is going on leave. So there is a very good chance I have to wait 3 more months to get an appointment to see her again. So I'll either get my shots or I won't. I emailed my doctor about it after I made the appointment but never heard back from her. :/

• Like 4

Hugs, Guindy. I'm lucky enough to be getting better at not being awkward about it, but I definitely remember where you're coming from. ;A;

I hope you get your appointment, Sparrow! My insurance ends this month, and my yearly lady exam is every July. When I tried to schedule it early for this month with insurance, they told me no. -_-

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

Me: Thanks for helping me out with this

Coworker: No problem, it's the least I can do with all the times you help me!

Me: Well I'm not keeping score or anything, but I appreciate it

I'm totally keeping score. :mellow:

As it should be.

4 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

I'm home safely. As predicted, it stopped raining about 5 minutes after I got here. :lol: 

Now hopefully the cats and I don't get taken off to Oz.

I hope you and the kitties remain perfectly safe.

If you do end up going though, I wear an XL t shirt.::D:

1 hour ago, Froggy the Great said:

Argh. Youtube has decided I MUST WATCH nothing but gangsta rap and sports rumors.

Hmmm, sounds like time to kill YouTube.

1 hour ago, LordJosh said:

I suspect there are people here who would appreciate this: 

Indeed.

4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

5 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

The Randomness XII thread has been created, hidden, and locked.  Any other mods online if I'm not around to catch p1000 here, feel free to do the needful.

*perks up*

You mean...flip the switch? 

:bday:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Are we sure that it's a good idea to give someone with clear ties to M.E.O.W. this much power?

::P:

Also---feel better, Dilvish!

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 9

3 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

That's because you're not an introvert plagued with the horror of strangers in your home that you didn't invite nor expect. My anxiety was already through the roof with the uncertainty of the weather. I wanted to come home and snuggle my kitties while I worked. Instead, I'm awkwardly sitting on the couch, too distracted to get any work done, and the kitties are hiding behind the bed. I would very much like to join them.

It's totally fine that you don't get it, btw, I'm happy for people that don't get it. This brain really sucks the life out of me sometimes.

THIS IS WHY I HATE RENTING!

Dogs walked, dinner consumed. Decided I didn't want any of the beers in the fridge (actually it was somehow just a cider and a mead??) so I swapped them out. Now getting ready to paint!

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

nah, I found him he was measuring the mausoleum. 

but if they'd like to do a clear version of him, I would be willing to buy another one or two.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna need a Forscale in every color they did the weapons in...

3 hours ago, Guindyloo said:

That's because you're not an introvert plagued with the horror of strangers in your home that you didn't invite nor expect.

No, see... It's okay. Really.

Because this is the perfect opportunity to be able to sit there with a polite smile on your face all the while thinking, "I could kill you all with the power of my mind."  :B):

Revel in the knowledge that they're completely ignorant that every single moment of their future fate rests solely upon your continued benevolence, your generosity in allowing them to continue to inhabit YOUR WORLD.

Each moment they breathe your air, each word they speak to you is a love song to your omnipotence.

Bask in the radiance of your awesomeness!

(Also, play the video that LordJosh posted, while imagining that those are your cats pouncing on the unsuspecting workers...)

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 11

I am currently trying to acquire a portable dishwasher. My house doesn't have the plumbing for a real dishwasher, and my old portable dishwasher broke like 5 or 6 years ago, not long after I moved in. But today my sister saw one listed for sale by someone local on Facebook, for an extremely reasonable price, so I'm trying to buy it. But the lady hasn't responded to my message, even though it says she's seen it.

In other news, my roommate came home from his work tour yesterday. So now I have someone else living in my house again, and not just a rent check every month from an anonymous donor. I also just finished season 4 of Agents of SHIELD. It was pretty good, but I'm getting kinda tired of the "SHIELD is always in trouble with everyone" stuff that they've been doing since season 2.

• Like 10