• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excellent!

My husband will be starting Storm King's Thunder next year (though maybe we are starting at a different place since we are starting 1st level). Been painting up goblins and other things, just getting to the batch of giants now that I haven't finished yet. Your fire giants turned out very well.

• Like 1

@Jessie I had two new players to D&D, so I wanted to start them with Lost Mines. It really is a great introductory adventure for very inexperienced players. I also hadn't decided to whether we would play Storm King's Thunder or Curse of Strahd so it gave me more time to decide.

@Verboden Vrucht we sometimes use tiles, but we usually use a board made by one of the players. It's a sheet of graph paper with a 1" square grid sandwiched between two sheets of plexiglass. Then we use dry erase markers to sketch rooms etc. with the minis. Here's a sample from our game in one of the Lost Mine of Phandelver castles along side the actual floor plan:

post-9243-0-59338400-1481028755_thumb.jpgcastle.jpg

The party, led by a Reaper Anhurian (the one from the old LTPK) is confronting a bunch of goblins at the bottom, while Batman (the party rogue) is facing a grick (or two). They hadn't explored the north west section yet. As you can see, my lack of artistic talent extends beyond mini painting to map making.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By dmpv01
      Technically this is a WIP since the base is unfinished, but the figure is done-ish..

• By Limey72
      Off to the second giant, I am going with a different gold this time.  I really like the color of reapers NMM gold but I had problems with coverage so it went to the back of the line.  This one will use a gold base from scale 75 but shaded with reapers NMM gold shadow and hopefully it will work and avoid a bath in simple green

• By Glitterwolf
      So I finished the Bones version of Vanja.

I also tried a few backdrops ( just printouts from the internet).
      Hope you like her.

EDIT: forgot to mention this earlier, don't know if it shows well in the pics. The armor is red mixed with silver to get a metallic look, later i added more silver for the highlight parts.

And with a more neutral back drop.
      I'm new to this...must make a lightbox soon.
      These were made in the garden.

• By Malevelous
      Good Afternoon All! This is my first submission and would ask for tips on how to improve my technique. I havent based this one yet but will likely do the painted eggshell lava like i did on the sword. Thank you for any help and happy painting.

• By Darato
      Okay,

So I bought this miniature a while back because I knew my party was going to run into him and wanted to him. Well school and work have been busy so I never got a chance. Well last session they unexpectedly decided to go into the area they were going to meet this little guys and I realized that I still hadn't painted him. I stalled that session but tomorrow night they will undoubtedly run into him so I had to get to work today. He is a little rushed but it will work for game play. This is the largest miniature I have painted so far and also the first non humanoid...(the tiny fire elemental doesn't count). I plan on revisiting this miniature to touch up on details. Any advise helps! Thanks!

• Who's Online   4 Members, 1 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)