• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excellent!

My husband will be starting Storm King's Thunder next year (though maybe we are starting at a different place since we are starting 1st level). Been painting up goblins and other things, just getting to the batch of giants now that I haven't finished yet. Your fire giants turned out very well.

• Like 1

@Jessie I had two new players to D&D, so I wanted to start them with Lost Mines. It really is a great introductory adventure for very inexperienced players. I also hadn't decided to whether we would play Storm King's Thunder or Curse of Strahd so it gave me more time to decide.

@Verboden Vrucht we sometimes use tiles, but we usually use a board made by one of the players. It's a sheet of graph paper with a 1" square grid sandwiched between two sheets of plexiglass. Then we use dry erase markers to sketch rooms etc. with the minis. Here's a sample from our game in one of the Lost Mine of Phandelver castles along side the actual floor plan:

post-9243-0-59338400-1481028755_thumb.jpgcastle.jpg

The party, led by a Reaper Anhurian (the one from the old LTPK) is confronting a bunch of goblins at the bottom, while Batman (the party rogue) is facing a grick (or two). They hadn't explored the north west section yet. As you can see, my lack of artistic talent extends beyond mini painting to map making.

• Like 1