Sign in to follow this  
Tarsemina

Secret Sophie Project (Spoilers)

Okay so... Spoilers and such if you don't want to know don't look you may get spoiled. 

Alright then, so I decided to do pirates. It fell into what my partner wanted and why not? Here''s a picture of when I started I went with Bergo Ironbelly; because why not? He wasn't your typical pirate, it'd be fun. Then I decided he was a rather small figure, so why not pickup a partner in piracy for him?

post-14060-0-70193600-1480570046_thumb.jpg

Now when removing Bergo from his base I had a mishap involving his ankle. It broke.... When getting basecoats down I tried to fix it with superglue, green stuff, etc.

post-14060-0-01507700-1480570288_thumb.jpg

*Sigh* While I tried to remedy this problem I got down to work on Jamesy (The other pirate). Unfortunately for y'all, I sat down and did much of him in one session without breaks... So, no major progress photos. Sorry...

post-14060-0-85392400-1480570673_thumb.jpg

After getting bored of Jamesy, I decided bases would be the next mountain to tackle. After an elf ton of drybrushing and various shades of brown and bone, I think it looks okay. Might go back and mess with them, probably will.

post-14060-0-96962100-1480570973_thumb.jpg

Then it came to me what's a pirate without a peg leg. Now, I suck at sculpting I intend to remedy that next Reapercon but for now it's true. So, to remedy the ankle dilemma I got some green stuff, concentrated, and put a peg leg on Bergo. It's not beautiful but it's workable and it stays on! I also got quite a bit of painting done on him... Again, bingey painting so no step by step progress pics.

post-14060-0-60443200-1480572076_thumb.jpg

And then finally recent progress pictures of Jamsey I've been messing around with the shading a bit and just generally doing the small bits.

post-14060-0-63196900-1480572329_thumb.jpg

post-14060-0-64496000-1480572401_thumb.jpg

So yeah! That's what I have so far, I think they'll be done before Christmas and definitely before New Years. I need to up the contrast a bit more (I think I'm starting to lose the midtone on Bergo...) work on the back of Jamsey's coat, because right now it's kinda iffy. I need to finish the small bits that I've been dreading. (Bergo's eye!!! So teeny tiny) and attach them to their respective base. C & C always welcome and appreciated!

(Sorry for screwy photos towards the end) 

• Like 8

So, they are done!! But, I forgot to take pictures....  :wacko: This holiday season has been crazy. I'm gonna go sleep for like five days now. Hopefully my partner takes some pictures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this