Getting to Know Each Other - December 2016

canuckotter

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

.. well. I do not work outside the house, so... however, Mr. Thorne has called in twice for Mother Nature - once flooding, and once a tree dropped itself squarely across the only road leading out of our comfy corner of nowhere.

Ah. Mother nature.

Hm. Dragons do with captured princesses.. have them make buckets of Cherries Jubilee for annual Dragon Meetings? >.>

Teach them to lead the tinned food (knights, usually) astray as to make them easier targets?

Set them to protect their eggs while they hunt noms?

• Like 6

Question for December 2nd, 2016

What do dragons do with all of those princesses they kidnap?

Teach them to play Peanuckle. (It gets boring waiting for Kniggets blundering around the landscape to make their rescue attempts.)
  • Like 5

They are forced to polish the gold, groom the Dragon, In return the Dragon is very kind to her, they have meaningful conversations, play games together.

In the end there isn't much of a difference between the golden cage most princesses live in anyway.

After a while they establish a tight friendship and even a form of love.

Then after a few years the Dragon needs a change, so he eats her and kidnaps a new Princess.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 7

Stealing Morihalda's idea... My mornings are often crazy, so I'm going to try to post questions the night before. Unless I forget. Or get distracted. ::P: 

(question suggested by Werkrobotwerk)

Listen, I'm pretty sure you've had this conversation with your parents by now...

• Like 7

Stealing Morihalda's idea... My mornings are often crazy, so I'm going to try to post questions the night before. Unless I forget. Or get distracted. ::P:

I'll have to ask my Hubby. He's the dragon in our relationship. ^_^
  • Like 7

Faerie Tale wise, I am pretty sure the Dragons eat the unfortunate Princesses that fall into their scaly clutches. A shortage of Princesses caused the extinction of the Beasties supposedly.

I do, however, know a fair number of princesses myself, although not the royal sort.

• Like 6

Nothing. That is just a vicious rumor started by all the creepy old men that the young princess would rather not marry, so they run away.

• Like 8

Play chess. Discuss the merits of Euclidean vs. non-Euclidean geometry. Measure the procession of the fixed stars through the celestial sphere.

• Like 6

It's really less a "kidnap" sort of situation. Most of the time the princesses are the ones that have run off to hang out with a dragon. It does wonders for their standings in both the dragon and human courts. It's something of a status symbol to have a princess as a pet, even if only for a little while before she's "rescued" by her knight of choice in a ritual combat.

• Like 8