Getting to Know Each Other - December 2016

canuckotter

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Dec 6, 2016
Are you familiar with "750 things Mr Welch can no longer do in an RPG"? How about the Evil Overlord List? Have you used either of them as inspiration for a gaming scenario? Or for real life?

I once pitched a superhero that was a cactus with TK, ant propelled himself around in a kids red wagon.  I think it was from welch 

The DM wouldn't let me play it but stole it for an NPC.  There was  cactus sitting in our bosses office. That it had powers may have just been a (in game) rumor.

My fav from the overlord list, is "Don't turn into a giant snake, it never helps"  It is amazing how often I find a reason to quote this. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 4

Question for Dec 6, 2016

Are you familiar with "750 things Mr Welch can no longer do in an RPG"? How about the Evil Overlord List? Have you used either of them as inspiration for a gaming scenario? Or for real life?

I was not aware of the Mr Welch list, but I was quite familiar with the Skippy list this was based on. I intentionally broke several of those. For those aware of military disciplinary measures, I received 12 Article 15s in the space if one year, 8 months and 16 days. They figured an honorable medical discharge was the best easiest way to send me home.

The evil overlord list is pretty much my to-do list when I finally reach that stage. I just need to figure out what I need to accumulate first before I can put the Evil plans in place. Henchmen or secret lair?

• Like 4

Question for Dec 5, 2016

When you start a new RPG campaign, do you feel compelled to paint up minis to suit it?

Today's question suggested by the inimitable Pezler the Polychromatic!

Frequently, yes. Sometimes I already have minis to suit it.

Question for Dec 6, 2016

Frequently, yes.

• Like 1

Question for Dec 6, 2016

I have heard of the EOL. Full answers:

No. Yes. Maybe. No.

• Like 2

Question for Dec 6, 2016

No, Yes, Occasionally, Not as much as I should.

• Like 3

Question for Dec 6, 2016

no never heard of it. How did you know I have an evil overlord list???? Well I guess every evil lord has one, but each one should be a slight bit different. 

• Like 2

Question for Dec 5, 2016

When you start a new RPG campaign, do you feel compelled to paint up minis to suit it?

Today's question suggested by the inimitable Pezler the Polychromatic!

Not really. Since anymore my rpg table gaming is at ReaperCon, I do tend to look at the Reaper catalog for inspiration for pregens that I make for the games I'll run.

Dec 6

Uh no, thou I may have heard of something similar.

• Like 2