12 Days of Reaper/Holiday Promotion Discussion Thread

nakos

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The blister "issue"  is not an issue.

Yes, some models are not sealed properly.  It was an isolated situation, a machine setting, that was resolved already.

I prefer to think that those minis were just super eager to start the painting process. 

"Paint me!"  "No, paint me!"  "Don't listen to them, paint me first!"

• Like 7

Got both orders today. Everything looks good. The reindeer was bouncing around the bottom of the box. I found the plastic bubble but not the backer card. I guess I'm glad the important parts made it into the box at least.  There was also a nice Reapercon pen with each order.  Happy painting everyone! 

• Like 5

Got both orders today. Everything looks good. The reindeer was bouncing around the bottom of the box. I found the plastic bubble but not the backer card. I guess I'm glad the important parts made it into the box at least.  There was also a nice Reapercon pen with each order.  Happy painting everyone! 

Ive an order arriving today, here's hoping that there is a pen in my box. (Sadly my Reaper Pen from the con decided to leak :( after I returned.)

• Like 1

The blister packs on the Christmas minis coming apart seems to be a chronic problem. The first year they had Christmas Eve & Knight the pack on the knight came apart and I thought they hadn't included the shield because it slipped out. The next year something else came out of one of my Christmas minis. Luckily I didn't loose anything.

I can't comment on this year though because my order only just left Boise ID today.

• Like 1

Ladystorm has already stated that the loose blisters were an isolated situation with a machine setting.

Although I'd expect some of those blisters may still be intransit to their destinations. Especially the internationals.

Still, it's always a good idea to open the shipping boxes carefully as you never know how roughly the boxes were treated along their journey and how that might have affected the contents of even the properly sealed blisters.

• Like 3

Ah! Just realized that I ordered paint on the Winter Fairy day! Aren't fey known to be tricksters? With so many holiday minis in failing blister packs she might escape and turn on the other contents in the box. My paints have no hope. Should've ordered a fire elemental to keep everything warm.  :down:

• Like 7

Ah! Just realized that I ordered paint on the Winter Fairy day! Aren't fey known to be tricksters? With so many holiday minis in failing blister packs she might escape and turn on the other contents in the box. My paints have no hope. Should've ordered a fire elemental to keep everything warm.  :down:

Unless she is sucking out the cold to keep herself properly chilled so the paints have a decent chance.

• Like 4

Unless she is sucking out the cold to keep herself properly chilled so the paints have a decent chance.

Hope... is alive. (♥o♥) 

• Like 3

The blister packs on the Christmas minis coming apart seems to be a chronic problem. The first year they had Christmas Eve & Knight the pack on the knight came apart and I thought they hadn't included the shield because it slipped out. The next year something else came out of one of my Christmas minis. Luckily I didn't loose anything.

I can't comment on this year though because my order only just left Boise ID today.

When the temperature drops in denton very suddenly, the cards become chilled and require a longer heat press to seal them. Sometimes we forget and fail to adjust this setting right away. 

When the temperature drops in denton very suddenly, the cards become chilled and require a longer heat press to seal them. Sometimes we forget and fail to adjust this setting right away.

I wondered if it might not have been something to that tune. No harm (so far), no foul. Thank you for letting us know what was going on. ^^;

• Like 1

The order usually gets sent my way quickly, but then it hits the quagmire that is Canadian Border Services. Yes, the ones who spent two weeks looking at a rock to determine that it was a rock. ^_^

Was it a Reaper Halloween Trick blister?  I believe those are labeled as rocks, not stones, but stones are actually a taxable item (I presume because somewhere the wording "stones" is used in place of "precious stones" but no "precious rocks" are delineated).  Foreign rocks and stones may also be subject to environmental inspection in case of contaminants. 

Mail order has taught me much trivia. 

• Like 6