12 Days of Reaper/Holiday Promotion Discussion Thread

I must say that I'm very impressed at this year's selections. It's almost too good. I find the bonus minis to be very desirable.Combined with my Reaper store credit, I can easily manage two orders. But *which* bonus minis do I want? I think I'll go for the goblins and treeant.

Right now, I know I want the special edition paints, and there are now enough Christmas characters to make for an interesting adventuring party (Knight, Ulther, Eve, Carol, Nick).

Hopefully, the Christmas minis will show up again next year, so I could enhance my holiday collection.

• Like 2
  • Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I asked Anne for some more info on the new Holiday paints. Here's what she wrote up for us:    Christmas Wreath: A vibrant dark green, this color is great for washes over lighter greens. It’s also g

No clue where you think you heard that false rumor, but please squash it. Master Series Paints are NOT being discontinued.   The majority of the Master Series Miniatures line, SKUs 300xx, have been

The blister "issue"  is not an issue. Yes, some models are not sealed properly.  It was an isolated situation, a machine setting, that was resolved already.

I still wonder about the Holiday Paints, are these unique paints or are they just normal base colours with a special name?

If they are unique I want the set..

Can someone shine a little light on this?

I've only just now seen ReaperBryans post about the Christmas minis that will be available to purchase for a limited time.

I love love love the pack reindeer. Great idea and an excellent sculpt! Still waiting for the price on it though I see.

Nick the rogue is a great mini too, but Reaper, you missed an oppourtunity there.

He's a rogue. You should have titled the mini "Christmas Stalking".

:;):

Also a question regarding the Sparkling Snow paint from the Christmas set.

Is there actually something in the paint to give it a sparkling property?

Maybe next year we can get a Christmas Elf mounted on a Pack Reindeer jousting with a candy cane?

Coal Black: An off-black with a blue-green shift, this color works well as a base on ravens, obsidian, black dragons, or black stone or marble. It’s especially effective when highlighted with a blue-grey, blue, or green hue. When thinned it will shift and show more color, making it an interesting option for washes

REAPER HAS THEIR OWN COAL BLACK!!! If this is the same as the P3 color, I'll be down to just Blighted Gold from them.

Now, if you'd just make these available year-round...

• Like 3

I still wonder about the Holiday Paints, are these unique paints or are they just normal base colours with a special name?

Did you miss Ron's post on page 5?

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72105-12-days-of-reaperholiday-promotion-discussion-thread/?p=1479597

• Like 2

Did you miss Ron's post on page 5?

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/72105-12-days-of-reaperholiday-promotion-discussion-thread/?p=1479597

I had missed that!

Thank you!!!

I will order this!!!

Paint paint paint paint paint....

• Like 4

Well I'm waiting for the Wrapping Dragon Day.

I already have the Hoarding Dragon from Last year.

So I might make a diorama with a mama Dragon and her little Dragons, getting their presents, the Wrapping Dragon is unwrapping his gift...

I also put the Reindeer in my order.

I still don't know what to do with him, but he is too cute..

• Like 4

A few years ago there was a League of Justice and Caeke miniature in the 12 days of Reaper.  I made sure to purchase on that day, because I had the idea that by participating in these promotions that I might one day be able to collect all 4, which I badly wish to do.  Since then, there has been a noticeable lack of those figures showing up during any Reaper promotion.  I'm curious: was there some internal resolution at Reaper to disqualify these miniatures from holiday promotions?  I know they were originally supposed to be exclusives to benefit charity, and making them available after the charity drive was over would certainly void their originally intended "exclusiveness."

Or am I reading too much into this?  This year's "12 Days" showcase a ton of Christmas themed minis.  It could also just be that holiday themed minis make for better promotions than old out of print figures.

• Like 2

I'm interested in the holiday paint set but am concerned that this is the worst time of the year to have paint delivered through the mail due to freezing temperatures it may have to endure on its route to Canada. Even here on the usual mild West Coast we are currently experiencing a lengthy spell (for us) of freezing temperatures.

With that in mind I'm wondering if Reaper has ever considered adding a "Christmas in July" type of promotion? Even if it was run for just a few days? It keeps the exclusivity of the product but avoids the issue of it freezing intransit.

• Like 5

I have ordered paint before during these times.

Goes overseas ( the Netherlands) all paints have always been ok.

Twice I've received an order where at least one of the bonus bottles of paint have arrived unusable due to having frozen at some point.

Granted I have received many more bonus paints that have not, but I am leery of taking that chance on an entire paint set.

• Like 4

We are getting the same storm as Darsc is right now. Granted I think when I order the storm should past. Thou, the after-effects will linger, ie the freezing cold temps....ugh.

Usually with colder temp paint orders I just let it sit out at room temp a few days after I receive it & it's fine to use.

• Like 3