12 Days of Reaper/Holiday Promotion Discussion Thread

nakos

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no need for Christmas themed minis so my order would be on the 17áµ—Ê° or 18áµ—Ê°. Is there a chance that the paint sets will be sold out by then? 

I hope not.  That is the main thing I wanted and adding Wyrmgear just to get it over $40 so I can order on the 18th for the fairy.  If it was not available I guess it would save me $50+ :)

Ship it to someone stateside, have them back it in a small foam cooler to keep it from freezing and send it to you?

Does the pistol case have the normal BYOP foam insert?  Not sure how much insulation that would provide though.

This is what I was thinking.  From past discussions about paint and cold temperatures it sounds like it should help as long as it's not out in the cold for too long.  Although I admit I'll be camping out watching my mail box. 

I have no need for Christmas themed minis so my order would be on the 17áµ—Ê° or 18áµ—Ê°. Is there a chance that the paint sets will be sold out by then? 

I hope not.  That is the main thing I wanted and adding Wyrmgear just to get it over $40 so I can order on the 18th for the fairy.  If it was not available I guess it would save me $50+ :)

Same here. The paints are the only reason I'm ordering this year (past orders always feed my Sophie addiction). Adding Green Shadow, Spectral Glow, some empty paint bottles & Shaelin to flesh out the order. Other than the Sylph that came with the Bones II core set, I don't think I've ever had a fairy mini. On the other hand, Tinker looks so cool. It's going to have to be one of the last two days, unless the paint set is sold out before then. 

• Like 1

I ordered the paint set yesterday, and I also live in Canada (Manitoba to be exact). I'll be keeping an eye out for Canada Post. When they arrive, I'll let everyone know the condition of the paints.

Reverend Shartan

I'm interested in the holiday paint set but am concerned that this is the worst time of the year to have paint delivered through the mail due to freezing temperatures it may have to endure on its route to Canada. Even here on the usual mild West Coast we are currently experiencing a lengthy spell (for us) of freezing temperatures.

With that in mind I'm wondering if Reaper has ever considered adding a "Christmas in July" type of promotion? Even if it was run for just a few days? It keeps the exclusivity of the product but avoids the issue of it freezing intransit.

• Like 5

Just put in an order for my wife's birthday. Paint set, then every cute animal I could find plus the holiday mouslings building a snowman. Garnered her two sets of holiday familiars, too.

Next order will be for Joy. But... I just saw the painted Santa's Helpers. Christmas ornaments robots! I thought Mr. Jackson was just getting lazy in his sculpting. No, ornaments. Right. Shame I didn't have more to order.

• Like 3

I still wonder about the Holiday Paints, are these unique paints or are they just normal base colours with a special name?

If they are unique I want the set..

Can someone shine a little light on this?

We do not rename our existing colors just for the Holidays ever. These are all either new colors (like Coal Black, Sparkling Snow, etc.) or Holiday colors we have made available before (like Ginger cookie and Christmas Wreath).

If you ever see a bottle from us with a different name from another bottle, something in that formulation is different. Yes, even MSP Bones's Dragon White, MSP HD's Solid White, and MSP Core's Pure White have differences, and while for many basic applications the differences may go unnoticed, I am assured that they are all in fact distinct.