Sign in to follow this  
gr33n

Question for shading maroon/purpleish

So a new model from GW is being released soon named ahriman (don't want to break any linking rules or whatever so not posting a pic or link)

Basically the color is a maroonish purple. not exactly as neon as say a magenta but my issue is shading it. At the moment I'm just using black which is fine but i'm wondering if there are alternatives to this.

I like Dead Rose Red for the base for the base color on that. Unfortunately that was a limited edition Reapercon color.

I use it for a base for reddish leather straps all the time.

Come to think of it, does anyone have a recipe for replicating Dead Rose Red for when my bottle runs out? And to help out gr33n, of course :B):

I like Dead Rose Red for the base for the base color on that. Unfortunately that was a limited edition Reapercon color.

I use it for a base for reddish leather straps all the time.

Come to think of it, does anyone have a recipe for replicating Dead Rose Red for when my bottle runs out? And to help out gr33n, of course :B):

both questions need answering :p

am i allowed to link pictures from other fan/forums etc? someone has a topic with a giant picture of the model

If it's just a link, and it's not a link to sales page, it should be OK.

When I suggested Dead Rose Red, that was looking at an Ahriman model on the GW site, but it may not be the same one you're talking about. For that one, DRR as the base, and working in dark purple for shadows should copy most of that color.

Is it that pink dude with the armor?

I'd shade him with Nightmare Black, which is actually a (very, very dark) blue.

• Like 1

I'm not the best color mixer, but I still like dead rose red for the base on the cloak. Slowly blend in brick red or a dark purple for the shadows?