I have a question. I was thinking of redoing these gray bricks behind the yellow walls as red bricks. They are grey right now, but I think the red might look better. Any opinions on that? post-15008-0-44030600-1480806086_thumb.jpg

That's what they currently are. I was thinking something more like this, someone else's job. 

post-15008-0-79760600-1480806135_thumb.jpg

By Kevin's miniatures. 

• Like 2

While painting my own Table Top World cottage, I looked at photos of real cottages to get an idea of how I wanted mine to look. You can find all kinds of pictures on Google. You can also look at TTW's facebook and go through their last few years' annual contests to see some divinely painted buildings you can use for inspiration.

With that said, I really like the colors you have chosen. I do think the bricks underneath would stand out a bit more if you painted them like red brick. I too have been to the Winchester Mystery House and love it. Love your work on your mansion! I am hoping Santa thinks I was a good girl this year and brings me more TTW goodies!

I look forward to seeing more updates and projects!

• Like 2

I actually think, because of your red roof, the bricks would get lost a bit if you painted them red.

My best advice... try it and if you don't like it you can paint them grey again.

• Like 1

I agree with robinh - the red brick won't have the effect you want because of the red roof.  Right now you've got a good balance in the red roof, blue windows, with the grey stone. 

• Like 1

I actually think, because of your red roof, the bricks would get lost a bit if you painted them red.

My best advice... try it and if you don't like it you can paint them grey again.

I agree with robinh - the red brick won't have the effect you want because of the red roof. Right now you've got a good balance in the red roof, blue windows, with the grey stone.

I decided against doing the red bricks. I agree that it would likely not have the intended effect. Plus, it lets me be lazy! I don't have to repaint super tiny cracks that would bleed and require more touching up.

Still slowly working on it. It's in the touch up phase, I really wish i had primed it black initially, would have kept a lot of touching up down and kept down on the number of coats of paint. I think the level of detail it still has for being painted so many times with house paint really says a lot about the quality of the resin model.

I finally hit my limit with the mansion (and the tabletop world Windmill, boy was that thing a nightmare to paint..) and I decided to krylon seal them. I did it in the worst possible conditions. 32 degrees outside, high humidity (it's supposed to snow tonight but at least the sky was clear and sunny) and I immediately brought them in and put them in the bathroom with the fan and heat light on. When they finish drying I will post some pictures in here. The results should be....interesting.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this