02127 :: Giant Mountain Troll

Thrym

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reapertons!

So I've been busy working on a little project, plus I'm painting some Christmas elves for my mom, but amidst everything else I got inspired to repaint a figure that for some reason I've always liked quite a lot. She's a very simple figure, and I painted her first probably way back in 1980 something, probably between 1982-1986.  She was sculpted by Dennis Mize in a set of four other thieves in the Children of the Night range. I've actually painted three of the four, still haven't gotten around to painting the last one with a grappling hook.  Anyway, showing off new to old:

and here is the original miniature, way back from the funky monkey eighties:

and here she is when I painted her maybe in the early 2000's, I'm guessing between 2004-2006:

and here they are all together:

So the oddest thing about these is that I've really never succeeded in varying from the basic color scheme.  There's always a bit of a change, but I always envisioned her as a dusky skinned, desert-themed thief.   One of these days I have a feeling that I'll paint her again, and I'll try to do a hugely opposite color scheme, blonde hair and bright clothing.  Who knows when though, it seems it takes me over a decade to get to a new version of a figure!
    • By planetmut
      Painted this guy in an aquatic theme.

• By Inarah
      This is the bones version of 3761, and I think it has not made it into the store yet.  I painted it like a big orc, or like the title says, half-ogre/half-orc.  I don't normally paint blood, but this guy needed a little extra to emphasize how mean he is. 

• By Pochi
      This is Circe and friends from Bones 5. I looked up descriptions of Circe and she was described as “lustrous” and “the nymph with the lovely braids" and that she had hair like fiery rays. I tried to portray that in my painting. She is beautiful and I love her clothing. The little boars are so cute! Almost too cute!

• By Pochi
      This was my entry for the quarterly contest. I decided to paint him as though he was in a cave with maybe some luminescent crystals or mushrooms. I love the sculpt and will probably eventually get another to paint "normally". Or maybe not since I have hundreds of other minis to paint!

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)