Jump to content

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Darcstaar
      Since Callie is coming to a close, I have been preparing the Oxidation Beast.
       
      I have one in metal also, so I will paint both together.
       
      I had some 40mm hollow, round lipped bases that seem like a good fit.  I used some styrene model train cobblestone for one, and sculpted dressed stone tiles for the other.
       

       
      I plan for one to use the 5th Edition Monster Manual color scheme (Bones)

       
      And the metal one to follow the Pathfinder Bestiary 1 color scheme.  It has a red with black stipple color scheme.
       

    • By Darcstaar
      This was a very fun group to paint.  They also went very fast.  I finished them in January, but just got around to photographing them.
      I can't pick a favorite, they all have so much personality.  I tried some OSL on the fire elemental's base.
      The camera settings were changed on the solo shots of the air elemental to tone down the white from overpowering.
      It ended up kind of dark.
      Enjoy.
       





    • By Darcstaar
      I love this model.  Even with her slightly too-long sword hilt and bendy sword.  I straightened it, but it has slowly bent again.
      This is a figure to represent a female paladin of Sarenrae for our Pathfinder Reign of Winter campaign: a redhead whose favorite color is green.  That is why she is on a snow base.
      I wanted to spend a lot of time on her, and am very happy with the blending on the gray NMM.  It took about 3 rounds of painting transitions then glazing over the lines to smooth everything out.
      I tried a little weathering to the leather scabbards and belt to make them look scratched from adventuring use. 
      This was also the first time I tried giving a female figure makeup: blush, eye shadow, and lipstick.  I'm not sure how good that came out, I'll let you all tell me.
      The sword blade was the least successful part.  It just didn't want to cooperate, which is due in part to the softer details on the casting.
      I hope you like her as much as I do.  C&C Welcome.
       

    • By heruca
      The MapForge software (which runs on Mac & Windows) was designed to create customized tactical-scale battlemaps for RPGs, and is already supported by an impressive 80+ mapping content Add-Ons (12 of which are free!) covering all major game genres. Maps produced with the software can either be printed for use at the gaming table, or used in virtual tabletop software such as Roll20 or Fantasy Grounds.
       
      But despite the wealth of fantasy mapping content already available, GMs have been clamoring for even more. So we've got some great new content lined up, and are raising funds to cover the porting/development costs.
       
      Click here or on the image below to check out the latest Kickstarter campaign for MapForge, which just launched two days ago.
       

       
       
      Note that the software itself is already developed and available (though a new version is due out later this month); this crowdfunding campaign is only to fund the development/porting of the new fantasy-genre mapping content.
       
      Fairly quick delivery of rewards is expected (August), and there are no shipping costs involved, since it's all digital downloads.
       
      Campaign launched on: May 22, 2019
      Campaign ends on: June 17, 2019
       
      Some boardgamers and wargamers were quick to catch on that the software can also be used to produce custom game boards or tiles for games such as Myth, Descent, HeroQuest, Aliens, Skull Tales, and many others.
    • By Darcstaar
      I finished these in January.  I just got around to photographing them.
      They may show up in our Reign of Winter campaign.  The blue and red ornaments were an experiment with mixing regular paint with metallic medium.
      I wasn't trying to make their eyes look like they had pupils and were looking up.  I was trying to make them look like soul-less lumps of ruby or amber, but I think the happy accident works fine.  It makes them look like they are concentrating on getting the star onto their tree top.
       
      I painted them both the same base green, then washed them with different colors, one blue-green, the other green-brown. They then got hightlighted differently: One Moth Green, the other Olive Green.  The result is some ability to differentiate them on the table even without the other differently colored details.
       
      Enjoy.  C&C Welcome.

       





  • Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)

×