• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"It is both disturbing and peaceful.  Let us be very quiet..."  He thinks, as he says quietly, "We don't want to wake the dead again."

Sturgis considers the room, but he doesn't set foot into it.  He is considering what this scene could be [likely sloth], and what that means for the party.  He also looks to see if anything is bluffing about whether they are 'sleeping' or not.  He also casts Detect Magic as he is peering into the room.

Knowledge:  Religion 1d20+6 = 8+6 = 14

Perception:  1d20+3= 18+3 = 21

Sense Motive 1d20+7= 19+7 = 26

Spellcraft 1d20+6 = 20+6 =26 

DM Rolls:  12 and 16

Crunchy stuff:

Sturgis Rochar
NG Human Cleric 1 (of Sarenrae)
XP:  100

Str 15
Dex 6
Con: 14
Int: 14
Wis: 16
Cha 15
Saves:
Fort +3
Ref -2
Will +5

HP: 10
Init: +0
AC: 15 (-2 Dex, +5 Armor, +2 Shield), Touch 8, FF 15.

Trained Skills:
Diplomacy +6 (1 rank, +3 class, +2 Cha)
Heal +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Knowledge: History +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Knowledge; Religion +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)
Sense Motive +7 (1 rank, +3 Class, +3 Wis)
Spellcraft +6 (1 rank, +3 Class, +2 Int)

Languages: Common, Celestial, Goblin, Orc, Elven

Feats: Cosmopolitan, Selective Channel

Traits: Reactionary and Sacred Touch.

Favored Class: Cleric
Class Abilities: Spellcasting, Orisons,
Channel DC 12, 5/day. 1d6 Healing/Damage

Domains: Fire and Healing.
Domain Powers:
Fire:  
Granted Powers: Fire Bolt (Sp): As a standard action, you can unleash a scorching bolt of  divine fire from your outstretched hand. You can target any single foe within 30 feet as a
ranged touch attack with this bolt of fire. If you hit the foe, the fire bolt deals 1d6 points of fire damage + 1 point for every two cleric levels you possess. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. Used:  1/6

Healing:   Rebuke Death (Sp): You can touch a living creature as a standard action, healing it or 1d4 points of damage plus 1 for every two cleric levels you possess. You can only use this ability on a creature that is below 0 hit points. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. used 0/6

Equipment (total weight 95 pounds, medium load)
Weapons: Dagger, Heavy Mace, Scimitar.
Armor: Scale Mail, Heavy Wooden Shield

Other Gear:
Backpack, Bedroll
Waterskin
2 Traveler's outfits
50' Silk Rope
Grappling Hook
Wooden Holy symbol.

Expendables:
One vial of holy water
3 sunrods
6 Days trail rations

2 GP.

Prepared Spells Crunch:

Level 0 (3 prepared):  Light, Read Magic, Detect Magic
1-  (2 prepared): Comprehend Languages, Shield of Faith
Lv 1 Domain:  Burning Hands

Sturgis is the first to see the room for what it is: a fancy illusion. The whole room detects as magical due to the illusion covering the whole thing. His spellcraft check is good enough to determine this is the result of a permanent image spell. Once you see past the illusion, the room is empty save for the layer of dust on the floor. The only other notable feature is the word "Xavorax" carved lightly into the floor.

(OOC knowledge(local) to know about that).

The next room: Janalyth doesn't see any lock. He finds no traps. He doesn't hear anything coming from the other side.

Ma'alik opens the door:

"A large circle of tarnished silver powder, surrounded by arcane runes, has been laid down I n the center of the room. The center of the circle is empty."

Standard operating procedure:  Detect Magic, immediately followed by a knowledge: Religion check (in case of any other religious symbolism), and, if any magic, concentrating enough to try to figure out at least the school (Spellcraft)

Knowledge Religion 16+6=22

Spellcraft 19+6 =25

DM Rolls:  7 and 12.