Sign in to follow this  
Verboden Vrucht

77059: Orc Berserker (Two Handed Sword)

Well done!

I like the skin, higlights and shadows are in place.

Good brush control!

You did eyes! And very well too!

I would wash that armor with a black wash to blend the colours some more on that.

The dark spots are a bit harsh now.

All in all a good job!

And my 20th mini was not as good as this one..

• Like 2

Well done!

I like the skin, higlights and shadows are in place.

Good brush control!

You did eyes! And very well too!

I would wash that armor with a black wash to blend the colours some more on that.

The dark spots are a bit harsh now.

All in all a good job!

And my 20th mini was not as good as this one..

Thanks! Will give the wash a try!

• Like 1

I like it. The lack of blending on the armor gives it a very cell-shaded, comic-book look. Stylistically, the armor works. I think the issue is that the style is not carried out across the whole model. The armor has cell shading, but the skin is more layered.

• Like 1

I like it. The lack of blending on the armor gives it a very cell-shaded, comic-book look. Stylistically, the armor works. I think the issue is that the style is not carried out across the whole model. The armor has cell shading, but the skin is more layered.

That's a really good observation, thanks! I did the armor first and then the skin, and knew something was off, but couldn't pinpoint it. I wonder if the same "cell-shading" technique would work for skin too. Maybe I found my personal style - gotta check out some comics for inspiration! :)

I think that is a very clean paint job that looks much better than a quick Table Top job. I don't think the NMM works as it is, but it does work as a cell shaded look. You ca achieve some very good results with metallic paints and controlled washes or, as you write, you can go for a general comic book look with clean lines and black or brown lining.

• Like 1

I think that is a very clean paint job that looks much better than a quick Table Top job. I don't think the NMM works as it is, but it does work as a cell shaded look. You ca achieve some very good results with metallic paints and controlled washes or, as you write, you can go for a general comic book look with clean lines and black or brown lining.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated! :)