• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      "Great Gods!  I'd rather be
      A cultist suckled in a creed outworn
      Could I but see Cthulhu rising from the sea
      or hear old Dagon blow his wreathed horn."

(With apologies to William Wordsworth)

A desolate piece of grey coast on a very particular day in November.

The hour is right. The signs are right. The stars are right. 
      A pulse of sickly green light, far out to sea. 
      An hour passes, then two. It takes even one of the High Priest's blood a while to ascend from the crushing black depths.

Then, a boiling. A bubbling and a heaving of the waters. With a great splash, vast flabby webbed wings break the surface, followed by a most awful head. 

Brine cascades off its greasy hide in waterfalls as more and yet more of its colossal bulk emerges.

So, now. The summons worked. But did the binding?
      Foam churns around its loathsome feet as it strides up to the shore. 

(Cultist is played by 59039, Deadlands Noir Occult Detective.)

The Nolzur's Star Spawn is one heck of a chunk of model! Very good detail; good placement of clear water and primed plastic. Some places were NOT EASY TO REACH, but it turns out those wings pop right out of their sockets if you bend and wiggle them a bit. Found that out by accident. They pop back in pretty easily, too, so that helps a lot. 

Water is mostly GW blue and green contrasts mixed together. Takes a lot of time brushing back and forth before it adheres properly to the translucent plastic. A drybrushing with ivory white gets the foam caps. 
      Skin is mostly a base coat of AP Disgusting Slime graded with darker greens. Irregular rings of Reaper Ancient Oak and Reaper (sample internal-organ pink) provide some contrast; there's a lot of canvas and it needs variety. 

Decided to make my other Reaper spawns match the scheme. Eldritch demon, 77113, and Darkspawn Minion, 03438b. 

Alternate summoning:

And an as-yet-unpainted Great Cthulhu piggy bank that is about the right scale for the O.G. G. O. O. 
      Towering over the horizon, blotting out the sun--classic Cthulhu stuff.

• By Crissair
      So finally got the courage to post some minis that I have finished over the last few months. Here are some of the Yuan-Ti Nagendra metal minis I have always really liked. I have the archer and halberd still to paint up that I have from my most recent order, but am taking a break from the scaly creatures for a bit. I know I need to work on my highlighting but any other feedback is welcome. 

• By BrokenWolf668
      So this is fun, because I can show you folks the Christmas presents I'm working on, so it's like I get to give them twice. Anyway, here's my take on her, really enjoyed going for a winter feel.

• By ShantyShakin
      I took this idea directly from DMGInfo and put a couple small twists to it based on what my home game players might like. Plus, I think they make pretty cool props for a dungeon that might be a library or wizard tower or whatever. It's an experiment, so the execution is a little sloppy on some of them, but I learned a lot so if I ever decide to do a new set (which I likely will) I can take what I learned to make a much better finished product. 

I started with craft sticks(popsicle sticks) cut into 1cm x 7mm pieces and used a cereal box for the book covers. On some of them, I cut up bits of the cereal box to add dimension. Superglue to keep it all together. 

In hindsight the cereal box I used was pretty cheap and wanted to warp and split into layers. Next time I may use a thin chipboard, or card stock.

Here they are all primed up, ready for paint. 

Some of the designs are just decorative, while others are leather straps and buckles that bind the whole book, metallic corners to help "protect" the covers' corners, etc.

I apologize for the dreadful lighting on these. I used the same acrylic paints I use on my minis. Next time I'll use craft paint because craft paints are thicker and go on thicker, which you definitely want. Spent a lot of time waiting for layers to dry. 

I used metallics for the raised bits on the finished ones above and I am pretty happy with the first set. 

The second set will have some more ambitious designs such as reptile scale book covers and:

an eye sculpted out of green stuff! The more I use it, the more I love it. It allows me to add all sorts of little details to things as well as fill gaps.

I'll post the finished shots once I get the last of them painted up. 

I hope you enjoyed this and are inspired to craft your own props for your dungeons/games. Happy Crafting!
    • By Durmald
      I really like this book.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)