Another SW Armada Thread

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, same here.  Well for the Empire the Interdictor is a rather nasty ship to run into with it's Gravity Wells and Tractor Beams.  I was going against two Monday night at the local game store.  It created quite a head ache for us.  But for the Rebel side I was running 12 squadrons of X-Wing with Luke and Wedge.  I had two groups, one with Luke and one with Wedge.  Luke's group tore one of the Interdictors to shreds. If it had survived it was going to ram the Assault Cruiser.  We lost the scenario by losing the MC30 that we were attempting to get to a base in an asteroid belt.  The interdictors used their ability to move asteroids by causing them to close in on the target base making it rather difficult to approach it. So there are the Interdictor and X-Wings that have impressed me so far.  We have, as yet, to use any Rogues and Villains, maybe this coming Monday.

Here is a link to our forum showing our battle.  You can see the Imperial Admiral using the Interdictor to move the Asteroids closer to the base in the middle rear, and my X-Wings swarming the Interdictor just before it was blown away.

/https://www.facebook.com/Play-the-Game-Read-the-Story-Watertown-631777120284725/

Edited by Watchman

So, after some reading and watching of videos I suppose the first thing will be to purchase some fighters for each side.  Followed by some small ships for the Imperials and something with a bit more oomph for the Rebels.  After that I'm kind of liking that they are doing the ships from the Rebels series.

How crucial is it to get duplicates of the starter box ships?  I'm assuming the expansion versions have cards that aren't included with the starters.

Edited by Sergeant_Crunch

As you saw in the link to our battle the Imperials had no fighter cover.  They had to choose between shooting fighters or ships.  They shot ships so I had free reign.  The battle was 500 points per side. Two Imperial players @ 250 each and three Rebels @ 166 each.  The Rebel MC80 has a nice broadside that gets better with the right upgrades. The MC30 is second best in the broadside. The trade off between the two: MC30 is twice as fast but one attack vs. fighters, the MC80 can control three fighter squadrons and has two attack vs. fighters.

I went with two starter sets.  In my case I ended up with more over purchasing individual ships, by acquiring more dice, another range stick, and movement gauge.  Ultimately I purchased more movement gauges so I could setup individual movement gauges; a one gauge, a two movement gauge etc. for congested areas, oh and a Laser range pointer works really well when trying to see from yellow dot to yellow dot for determination if you have a shot. 

Yes to your second question.

Well, the epic battle Monday night was... different, to say the least.  Conditions:  Black Hole, Disabled Nebulon B,  Imperial captives and Rebel forces on board, Nebulon B being pulled toward the Event Horizon. Only ships above speed 3 can attempt to enter the gravitational field to attempt effect a rescue.  Your move has to place you in a position to intercept the B and your next action/command would be to rescue 1 of 3 crew tokens during the attempted intercept.  Winner has to rescue all three of the respective crew tokens and escape alive.  Results:  Imperial Raiders made short work of most Rebel Capital Ships, with the Imperial SDD taking out the MC80.  The MC80's last move just caught the Gravitational Field and with a movement of 3 came to a screeching halt.  The ISDD hit the MC80 but was not in the G.F., so they sat there and with MC80's fire power in it's broadside did little to the ISDD but the same was not true as the Forward fire power of the ISDD made short work of the MC80.  A Raider managed to rescue 1 crew unit and escape my fighters, but not without being singed.  For some bizzare  reason, the ISDD commander decided to try and finish off the B without rescuing the rest of the crew units!?!  As for the Rebels, we had no hope of rescuing anyone with only fighters left, which were avoided like the plague by the rest of the Imperial forces. Needless to say no one won, much to the disappointment of the game master.  

https://www.facebook.com/Play-the-Game-Read-the-Story-Watertown-631777120284725/ 

• Like 1

Played the intro scenario with my 17 year old a couple nights ago.  Fun game, but being the first one it took forever.  I'm sure they'll get faster as we become more familiar with the game.  He won by a slight margin, mostly because I made a costly mistake with my Nebulon-B and didn't get my CR-90 into position fast enough.  I need to pick up some cocktail straws to mount the fighters for painting.

• Like 1