9th Doctor & War Doctor

Crowley

As the 2016 Frostgrave campaign wrapped up, I've started working on my new wizards. Or at least possibilities for my new wizards. The now out of production Ecclescake (9th Doctor) and Doctor Payne (War Doctor). 

I started by cleaning them up and assembling them, and tonight I used Reaper's brush on primer followed by a brown liner wash. 

15317850_10209813789893712_3740680402057

These are really great sculpts, and I'm sad that Heresy had to stop making them. 

• Like 21

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect Heresy may have lost the license since I know Warlord Games now has one and is coming out with a line of figures to support a Dr. Who game.  I look forward to seeing your work on these!

I don't think Heresy had a license, hence the names, and why they suddenly and without notice disappeared from the site. 

• Like 4

I suspect Heresy may have lost the license since I know Warlord Games now has one and is coming out with a line of figures to support a Dr. Who game.  I look forward to seeing your work on these!

I don't think Heresy ever had a license. Their "Doctors" were what we call "not-Doctors." They look similar, but with small tweaks and different names.

If they had had a license, they would have used the real names.

In fact, they aren't the only company that had "not-Doctors." Others have them, as well as "not-Avengers," "not-Bonds," "not-Austin Powers," "not-Agent Smiths," "not-Neos," etc.

It's a common thing in the business.

It's possible they got a letter from Warlord, politely asking them to suspend the line. It's common for companies to know each other and to respect each others' "territory" in this regard.

• Like 4

Really interesting choices for Doctors wizard and apprentice!  That not-War Doctor mini is pretty awesome.  I may need to hunt around and try to find one.

What school do you think you'd choose for them (or is it too early to say)?

Aside from the obvious choice of Chronomancy? :B):

• Like 1