Great preamble!

Also, that thing is gorgeous!  Love the scales and the transitions from violet to blue, and especially the gold...and the sword...AND the wings...and the base is cool too.  Eesh, excellent work, friend!

Ed:  AND the eyes!

Edited by BLZeebub

Great paintjob!

Love the star pattern on the wings.

As for the sculpt the positioning of the wings is a bit odd IMHO.

To be honest, I was not a fan of the AOS models in general when they first came out, but I've warmed up to a lot of the newer stuff.  Your painting on the model is really wonderful, though I'm not a fan of all the armor on the dragon.

• Like 1

One odd thing about this mini is that the wings have two poses- there are four "shoulder" bits for them to connect with.  However, the change is so slight, that I couldn't tell which one I used after putting it together...

The head options were great, though.  The closed mouth head really does change the way it looks.

• Like 1

Wow!

First thing out of my mouth once the page loaded.

Fantastic work on everything but I love the colors on the head.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rahz
      After 10 months, I finally dusted this off and finished it in an attempt to find some hobby mojo again.  Dragon is from Artisan Guild and was printed on the elegoo Mars almost a year ago. 

Basecoated, drybrushed tan and then multiple washes layered before another quick drybrush and a final wash.  It was printed in clear green resin and the eyes and crystals on the rock were simply given a layer of Tamiya Clear Green after the mask was removed.  Crystals on the base are from Anarchy Models, again with a quick layer of Tamiya Clear green.  Reaper base with some Vallejo texture paste. 

Thanks for looking. 
    • By knarthex
      SO....

Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
      One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....

So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...

Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....

So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
      As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....

About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......

OMG, please not again....

any and all comments gratefully ignored....
      Knarthex
    • By Smallbunyanga
      Done with all Reaper Paints and an AP Wash

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Brewmistress, a Goblin Mage from Games Workshop, this diminutive herbalist can be found plying her trade along the winding road between Veilmouth and Silverton. For two coppers she'll let you take a swig of whatever she's brewing at the time, while her potions are always beneficial, it's probably best not to consider what's in it.

Despite getting a little lazy with the ingredients rack towards the end, I'm really pleased with how this one turned out.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)