Verboden Vrucht

Quest for the perfect NMM blade

Have you considered getting a bunch of plastic swords and painting them so you can compare them side by side? There are a variety of Warhammer Fantasy blades that might fit the bill. They've got enough body to practice on effectively.

I've recently gone to a wargamers convention to buy some minis to practice on. You can imagine the stares the vendors were giving me when I told them that "I'm interested in cheap minis with massive blades." :D

• Like 1

How about plastic cocktail swords for practice? They're cheap, easily found, and work well for it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's 07002, Baran Blacktree, Veteran Warrior sculpted by Bobby Jackson. I painted it with Reaper’s MSP acrylics and shaded with Citadel inks. Also, I use Vallejo Acrylic Matt Varnish for the first time on this model. I like that varnish, it's perfectly flat and don't add any artificial reflection. I 3d printed the base to match with the tiles on the diorama it will eventually be displayed on.

• By Corporea
      I wasn't sure if I should post this in Show off or WIP, but I figured here and if you would please forgive the in progress parts in the subsequent post.

Ron let me paint this lovely sculpt by Gene Van Horne.  Actually, I think I might have begged to paint it and considered stealing it from his office if he refused.   She'll be in the Greek Odyssey Expansion for Bones V.  If by some miracle you have come to this forum and not heard of Bones V, it can be found here.  Aaron Lovejoy was awesome and took some high definition photos of her after last Reapercon.  

I really love this sculpt, can't say that enough.  She's got some fantastic detail, lots of good open space to work on blending or freehand, even a scenic base to play with stone effects.  While I loved the original Yephima by Patrick Keith, and still use her in my classes, this one really screams warrior to me.  I need to paint my bones version when I get it as Athena. I'll have to add a shield somewhere, though. Maybe convert the club to a spear.  Decisions decisions.

Anyway, feel free to ask questions.  I'm happy to explain or help with anything!  I'm going to post the WIP pictures I have in another post, so hopefully those will also be useful.  Enjoy!
    • By Mocha
      Hi folks,

My very first snow base! I haven't attempted Non-Metallic Metal on a shield like this before and I'm happy with how it's turned out :)

Thanks,
      Mocha
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Volturnos, a character from the Idoneth (or Sea Elf) faction in the Warhammer:- Age of Sigmar game by Games Workshop.

Not my best work, I struggled in quite a few places (particularly with the fish) so a lot of it has ended up being painted rather basically, even by my standards.
      But I did get it finished, so I'll count this as a partial victory.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Inarah
      A couple more of my recent tabletop paints.  Female on the left in gold and red came out of Bones 4.  She is in a leaning pose.  The one on the right is Deladrin, female assassin, roughly painted as a catfolk rogue.  Both figures were done with a traditional basecoat, drybrush and wash/ink technique. I did some NMM for the swords. 

• Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)