• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is awesome. I hope mine look half as good when I get to them. Did you use metallics for the highlights, or just shade the grey/white that well?

He is painted the same way as the rest of my Tyranids. Using metallic silver mixed with black paint. 

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68531-gw-tyranid-hive-tyrant-conversion/

• Like 1

This guy is awesome. I hope mine look half as good when I get to them. Did you use metallics for the highlights, or just shade the grey/white that well?

He is painted the same way as the rest of my Tyranids. Using metallic silver mixed with black paint. 

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/68531-gw-tyranid-hive-tyrant-conversion/

Thanks for that. Your tyranids and bathalians look awesome.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rickdraco
      As I mentioned in the thread on the Captain with Terminator Honours, here is the best painted Dreadnaught I have done, the trident symbol on the  front is the chapter insignia. Let me know what you think!

• By Rickdraco
      I thought it would be cool to show off an older model I painted, this one is a vintage Space Marine Captain, painted in the colours of my own Chapter, the Sons of Poseidon.

Comments and criticisms always wanted, let me know what you think! The model was painted using Army painter paints.

• By lowlylowlycook
      A friend asked me to do some conversions to make some Space Marine TM Drop Pods TM he had laying around into Chaos Drop Pods, aka Dread Claws TM.   Naturally I was flattered.

I have three distinct ideas but any and all feedback is very welcome.

Drop Pod plus a couple of these kits(lucky Prime Day find!):

The tricky bit is that I have 4 of quite a few parts and the drop pod has a 5 fold symmetry!

Drop Pod plus this guy (who surely comes from a long lost GW chaos mold):

Tricky bit is that I could probably use some cheap plastic sea creatures for some more texture but haven't found the right ones at the right price.

Finally something with this:

and these 

To make something Halloween Horror themed.

• By Rat13
      So awhile back Uncle Adam on the YouTube mentioned something about making a Halloween themed killteam scenario. It seemed like a pretty good idea and after a lot of thought I decided to give it a try. How hard could it be to make a custom scenario for the spooky season? Having seen quite a few interesting wave based custom scenarios I knew that was the way I wanted to go. I also knew I wanted to use the undead (zombies and skeletons). 

So the first problem is that I don't have enough zombies and skeletons for a wave based scenario. Not exactly wanting to break the bank for what will probably be a one off game I started looking for some cheap zombies. Turns out I didn't have to look hard or for very long. Zombies!!! Glowing Bag O' Zombies was just the ticket with 100 zombies (in four sculpts) for about $12 all in.

Now they're a little on the small size, but again this is a one off game. Besides painting a hundred figures for a one off game I don't think my buddies will have too much to say. Armed with this bag and the few undead I already have I think I'll have enough enemies to go around. Or maybe I need another bag?

I started out the night with two different sculpts with the simple intention of figuring out color schemes. First up was either a construction worker or a hunter, and honestly even after painting it I'm still not sure. As I blocked out the colors I was better able to see the figure's details, though I still don't know if it's a construction worker or a hunter. Would you call that a construnter?

I hit everything minus the skin and gore when I had an idea. I just might be able to put that grey primer to work. With just a red wash I might be able to completely skip painting the skin and gore.

I wouldn't exactly call it a success, but it's not terrible. This guy will probably squeak by as is but it looks like I'll be painting skin afterall. 

Next up was a fellow carrying a severed leg. On this one I painted a skin tone but used just a wash again for the gore. 

I think it looks better, but I'm still on the fence. 

Though neither figure is finished I can't believe how quickly they painted up. Knowing that a batch paint was the next step I attached all the construction/hunters (construnters) to craft sticks. 

Then seeing how much paint was leftover on my palette from this and a previous project I went ahead and basecoated all the pants. 

I did not expect to do so much in just one night, but then again we all know I won't keep this pace.
    • By Loim
      A kid who works for me plays 40K, and was showing me a color scheme he liked. I asked if I could give i a shot on one of his minis, so he gave me this one to paint up. I tried to get a decent result while doing it as fast as possible. Counting priming and sealing I think this is about 2 hours and some change. I did a zenithal prime with Stynylrez, and all colors are RMS with the exception of Nuln Oil and Seraphim Sepia. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)