Sign in to follow this  
Wren

1596 - Joy, Winter Fairy

Until I saw your paintwork on her I hadn't realized her clothing was made up of snowflakes.

And I'm amazed at all the blue hues you've given her.

Skin tone, eyes, wings, clothing, everything all simply amazing!

• Like 8

This is another double whammy. Bobby Jackson + Rhonda Bender = beauty²

Looks like the day for my order is settled. The snowflake dress is so different from anything I've seen before. So charming. I'll try to follow this paint job as close as possible. Thank you for posting these different angles. It helps so much. 

• Like 3

So pretty! This one is the only one I all planning to get this year. I bet the sparkly white paint would be nice on her!

• Like 4

There's NO WAY to stop me from making another order on the 18th... After seeing your paintjob I know that I NEED TO HAVE THIS in my collection. Actually, I may need to secure 2...

Which blues did you use?

Maybe another LTPK? 'winter wonderland' ;-)

• Like 6

I used the Bones blues Glacier Blue and Frost Blue, Maggot White, and a bit of Desert Sky for the hair and deepest shadows on the skin. That's a limited edition paint, but it's a fairly vibrant mid-tone blue, so I think there's another MSP or two that would suit. There are touches of Bones Icy Violet and Nightsky Indigo on the snowflake clothes and just a bit of Icy Violet on the wing membranes.

I did debate using some sparkling type paints including from the holiday paint set, but they don't photograph as reliably as matte paints and there was no time for experimentation or redoing things that didn't work if I was to get her done in time for people to see her!

I used insect wings for inspiration, to paint the membranes a pale colour and darker colours with a bit of a colour shift for the veins.

• Like 10

She's a lovely fairy.  I was planning on getting her, and your photos really show off her fine qualities.

I like the pose very much; she reminds me of an ice skater or a dancer.  Her proportions are appealing, and the colors complement her theme nicely.  I hope we see more like this in Reaper's lineup in the future.  

Does anyone know how tall she is?

• Like 3

With most minis I see painted by either professionals or hobbyists, even those whose works I really like, there's usually something I can see in it that I would have done differently, so even if I can't paint up to their standard I can still paint that mini in a way that while likely won't be as good, I can still enjoy my final results.

I can't do that with this mini. Wren, you nailed it.

• Like 6