[SPLIT] Reaper's 25th Anniversary Promotion January

Reaper Ron

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

$15 for the Grim Reaper, or get it for Free along with free shipping by ordering $40. I can tell which option is overall the better deal. Gorgeous miniature, btw. Very tempting.

I think it's pretty obvious which one is the better deal. It depends on how many you want.

and I'm looking at it as "how much you already have". If I've got enough paint and minis, it is more cost effective to just buy the LE figure. If I need to round out my paint collection, then I may as well get the figure for free.

Either way, good on Reaper for making it available without a minimum purchase. I know I will be getting one with my Christmas cash.

What is this "enough paint and minis" you speak of?

If someone can comment, how large will the Grim Reaper be? I'm curious about general scale for it.

Edited by Disciple of Sakura
  • Like 3

Yeah. would also like to know that.

(I got an idea for a conversion, but that requires me to know some measurements. With height I can guesstimate the rest of them)

Incidentally, I think the hourglass should have been cast separately in either clear plastic or clear resin...

(Yes, that would make it more expensive... So what? Unless the cost would be more than $5 extra, it would be well worth it)

Mixing materials for effect, or even using other production methods for some parts (Imagine pressing the wings of an angel or demon using a coinpress or similar. Think how THIN they could be... ) msy be the wsy to go for even better minis in the future.

• Like 2

• Reaper User

A big part of me wants to make all kinds of suggestions of what would be cool for the Reaper 25th year long celebration.  But then I know that Ron is as a big a fan and lover of the hobby as all of us and will come up with some incredible offerings from the great artists that Reaper uses.

So I will sit back content and wait for them ....

We're always glad to hear suggestions! But you're right, we've already got most of the 12 minis planned and the first four are already finished! You're going to see several old concepts reimagined. So, 1600 Grim Reaper is sort of a resculpt of the old 2019 Grim Reaper, also by Bob Ridolfi.

Hint for the February mini: it's a resculpt/reimagining to one of Julie Guthrie's very first Reaper sculptures. 

• Like 16

A big part of me wants to make all kinds of suggestions of what would be cool for the Reaper 25th year long celebration.  But then I know that Ron is as a big a fan and lover of the hobby as all of us and will come up with some incredible offerings from the great artists that Reaper uses.

So I will sit back content and wait for them ....

We're always glad to hear suggestions! But you're right, we've already got most of the 12 minis planned and the first four are already finished! You're going to see several old concepts reimagined. So, 1600 Grim Reaper is sort of a resculpt of the old 2019 Grim Reaper, also by Bob Ridolfi.

Hint for the February mini: it's a resculpt/reimagining to one of Julie Guthrie's very first Reaper sculptures. 

Ooh, I'm betting on Tox.

• Like 1