Sign in to follow this  
Lidless Eye

Lidless Eye Hobbies: The Barflies of The Assault Group

Yesterday, I wrapped up the final touches on quite a few miniatures that arrived via Kickstarter this November.  I thought the first gallery should be the simplest, and it's just a few of the promo pieces from TAG's recent "Halfling Rooster Riders" project.

First, we have the Drunken Halfling Bard, who I have been wanting since his green first went up as a fan project:

post-390-0-92508400-1481950194_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-68737600-1481950197_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-81461100-1481950200_thumb.jpg

And a Dwarf Floozy to accompany him:

post-390-0-10314900-1481950236_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-19942500-1481950240_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-86438000-1481950241_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-26848800-1481950244_thumb.jpg

post-390-0-05451000-1481950247_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By John Fiala
      I was a little surprised to not see this already here.  I just got a 48 hour notification on a game called "Lurkers of the Deep" - it's apparently an expansion to a miniatures game, but in addition to the game they're also selling a bunch of 20s/30s pulp/cthulhu style minis.  (And a number of buildings, too.)  I'm not interested in the game, but I put down a 30 pound pledge to get a bunch of the figures and get the various free stretch goals figures.

There's only another 46 or so hours left, so I guess that means it ends early on March 1st.

http://kck.st/3tbALxp is the link.
    • By Thrym
      Tor Skullcrusher,
      dwarven tattooed monk
      A Thrym Project  :: A Custom Miniature developed on Hero Forge and 3D printed by a friend.

Started working on character of mine who is a Dwarven Tattooed Monk.  As I mentioned, I created him using Hero Forge, downloaded the .STL, and had him printed elsewhere.

I enjoy using the interface on Hero Forge so far.  I have designed and purchased 3 STLs and 2 minis.

Once I received the print, I made a manual adjustment to his skull.  An ironic happenstance, given the character's name.

Tor, being a dwarf and confident in his skills against ogres was going toe-to-toe with a rather large ogre with a great club.  This is not something unusual so far.  The party had been exploring an ogre controlled encampment searching for an item and information for a tribe of centaurs nearby.  Unfortunately, Tor suffered a critical hit from the Ogre Champion's club and took a lot of damage when he was already near unconsciousness.  He effectively had his namesake applied to his own noggin.

So I removed a large segment of his skull by the patch to approximate the results of his disfigurement once the party ... eventually ... managed to raise him from the dead.  His demeanor and appearance was never pleasing to begin with and now it's even worse.

I painted on a primer coat first so I could see where I was removing plastic better.  The majority of the work was done with a rounded mini-file as well as a small gouge chisel.  I cleaned up the space with a small sanding twig.

For a color scheme, his pallid skin is Reaper's Fair Skin.  The coat is Army Painter's D&D Vampire Garments with Army Painter D&D Mouldy Wash.  I put the wash over his skin and his hand wraps as well.  The coat's trim is just the Vampire Garments again.

For the tans I used Reaper's Desert Sand, Desert Stone, Desert Tan, and Woodland Brown; or some combination thereof.  The eye patch, the lining of the coat and the belt are Army Painter's D&D Wraith Black as well as the tattoos on his right and left forearms and the side of his head.

His boots started out as Reaper's Coal Black but I need to reshake the bottle before going back to it.

Yes, I know the pics and the paint wash are a little dark, but the next set of pics will be better lit.  I am planning on layering his highlights up to brighter points. 

More work to come soon.

Stay Tuned and Safe.  Enjoy.
    • By Rigel
      The City Watch. Charged with lantern and truncheon to keep the peace and vigilantly guard against threats thereunto. Again, I'm a sucker for the buckled slouch hats and the shoulder-draping collar.

Midlam's Halflings again, featuring Kate Redhanded:

more angles:

...and Clubbo Drubbins. Can't say I did such a good job on his lighting as on Kate's, but can for sure say I've done worse. 

Bringing light into dark places:

"Halt! Who goes there!"

And a whole crowd of citizens ready to deal with thieves, spies, monsters, witches, or rat-men. 

(Guest appearances by Abram Duskwalker and Mira, Damaris Duskwarden, Sheriff Drumfasser, and the Gravedigger.)
    • By Rigel
      Let's meet Will Chandler, Midlam's halfling candlestick-maker. (Strictly I think a candlestick maker is a silversmith or pewtersmith rather than a chandler, but I don't work for Midlam and this sculpt is too good and evocative to complain!) So much character on display. This one is an exercise in OSL, having no fewer than four light sources, and I can't pretend to have done it much justice with painting; those candle stubs are tiny. Am happy with the lighting on one or two pictures though!

An uncanny encounter after dark:

With a few other citizens
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ulissesspiele/the-dark-eye-magic-of-aventuria

From the page: "Explore the deeper mysteries of The Dark Eye with Magic of Aventuria and enhance your gameplay with additional rules, professions and archetypes on 240 pages! Magic of Aventuria gives you access to new magical traditions, perks and spells and gives you the background of what magic is like in Aventuria. Magic of Aventuria allows you to take complete control over the mystical art by delving into some of its strangest and most powerful practices of every kind of magic – from word, to song, to dance. Expand your magical repertoire with new traditions, spells and enchantments! Nearly two dozen profession packages expand options for starting characters and new focus rules for spell workshops allow mages to develop new and exciting spell effects!"

We have been collecting The Dark Eye books for a while; and have been pleased with the previous books from these kickstarters; can recommend.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)