77395 Reaper Bones Cadirith Demonic Colossal Spider - Pic Heavy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, I like this. I think the part I like the best is the red marks around the spikes on the abdomen. the fact that they are now just a quickly brushed stripe, but each segment has it's own variation. That's awesome looking. I may steal some of the color scheme when I get to painting mine.

• Like 2

Amazing!

You should enter this in the Large Minis Contest!!!!

Thanks Xherman!

Y'know, I might just do that. ::):

Looks great!

I really like the 'ombre' effect you give to the legs.

Thanks Thes!

** Frantically Googles "ombre"**

It's just dry-brushed overlapping layers of ever lighter colours. ::):

Just watched the Shelob scenes from RotK...  This guy looks like a good match to be her mate! Well done!

Thanks David!

I'd be lying if I said that ROTK didn't inspire me, along with red knee tarantula pics.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      There is something strange going on in the village lately.
      People hear footsteps like those of a child, things tends to be in a different place then where they left them.
      Children have nightmares and seem to be afraid of their toys even.

And it's getting worse, it started with a few missing pets, but now Old Lady Harrington is missing, nowhere to be found.
      Could it have something to do with that new girl living at the edge of the village?
      Her name is Lilith, and she is so friendly, she gave every child in the village one of her handcrafted dolls for free.
      But still, there's something strange about it all.

Constable Burton decided to have a look at her place.
      So one night he walked to the edge of the village, he saw lights shining through Lilith's windows.
      He could be wrong of course, such a nice girl, but he had a hunch and he really wanted to know.
      So he opened the door.

The moment he did he knew he shouldn't have...

Lilith and the Creepy Dolls are 3d printed on my Elegoo Mars. Design from Dragon Trapper's Lodge.
      Bookcases are from Minimonster Studios and Reaper Bones.
      Table and benches fom Reaper Bones.
      Floor was made with a GreenstuffWorld Rollerpin.
      Wall is a plasticcard base.

Hope you like it

• By Inarah
      AKA: Sophie's mom.  This is a model that really needs to be made in metal.  It's just awful in plastic.  Anyway, she sat on my paint table a long time before inspiration broke through and I did the wings. The rest just took patience. 

Frontal view  also available

• By Inarah
      Hard to go wrong with sexy female demons, but this one was a devil in more than one sense of the word from start to finish.  Despite being cast in metal she is pretty fragile. The trident broke off and for years she sat in my box of unpainted figs, until one day I found the little pointy bit.  Her tail, likewise, kept bending and i was sure I'd lose that too. 

Did her skin with the Bright Skin triad, because that's been waiting patiently for years as well.  Her face is a mess, but overall she came out ok. 

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Continuing on what will hopefully be a Halloween Season painting binge, a Wizkids Phase Spider in the traditional Halloween colors of Orange, Black, Green and Purple...

Surprisingly the underside wasn't too difficult to get to considering it's attached to the base out of the blister.

I liked the naturalistic pose of it, and here we can see the magic that is Reaper's Coal Black adding a nice subdued greenish tint to the legs.

I don't know what release phase the spider was a part of, but I've had him for awhile. WizKids can be kind of hit or miss when it comes to the frustration level of painting them, but this one was easy to work with and there wasn't any missing or obscured detail, nor were the mold line too bothersome. 

• By Zira
      First Reaper minis I've painted! Pretty proud of how the spider turned out! I tried to get an iridescent look on the crow, but I couldn't quite figure it out 😅
      Constructive critiques welcome!

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)