Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

L2PK:2 Ingrid

I decided to flip through my ReaperCon purchase of the Learn to Paint Kit 2: Layer Up! and was inspired to actually get started...

This is the result of a couple of hours of effort.

15589811_10209950410829150_9206625774545

Still working on the shadow stages, but so far I'm a fan of both the instructions, the paints, and my work. I'm not a fan of the brush that came with the kit. According to the instructions, it's supposed to be a size 1, it's a size 0. Not that big a deal... but the fact that it's bristles are splayed out like an abused drybrush? Does not match the quality of the brush I bought at ReaperCon and have been using regularly since. 

• Like 11

Looking good.  Kudos on the eyes too, I'm not yet bold enough to try to get color in the eyes too.  It takes everything I have just to get a tiny dot for the pupil in there without messing up the rest of the face!  

• Like 2

Looks good so far. The shade transitions seem a little sharp on the cloth. Gotta agree with Gargs, the eyes came out well. Colored eyes that small are crazy tricky. I usually just go for the pupil and hope for the best.  :lol:

• Like 2

Looks good so far. The shade transitions seem a little sharp on the cloth. Gotta agree with Gargs, the eyes came out well. Colored eyes that small are crazy tricky. I usually just go for the pupil and hope for the best.  :lol:

Thanks! And yeah, my shadows ended up darker than I had expected. I think I was a little too... conservative with placing the highlights. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this