Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I painted up the skeletons I had from Bones 2 together with a Bone Fiend. The Skeletons were fun to do, the Bone Fiend a bit less as the model was quite undefined. For the skeletons, I took some inspiration from the game Morrowind for the colours, bases and shield designs.
So I needed a skull for something I was working on and with much regret and apologies, I lopped off the head of one of my Bones Skeleton Axemen. I was actually very upset that I had to behead one of my friends. I was in the Google hangout at the time and TGP suggested that I replace his head with a pumpkin. I thought it was a great idea and I just so happened to have a couple of 02992 jack-o-lanterns and pumpkins already primed and mostly basecoated from back in October when I did my Halloween diorama. I pinned his pumpkin head and also pinned him to the base because he's made of Bones and the pumpkin is metal, so he does slouch a bit but I don't think he should topple over.
Anyway. Here are some really awful pictures I took of him!
Here he is being entirely washed out by my terrible lighting.
Enjoy the bonus cat hair in this shot.
I don't even know what this picture is. I think I was trying to show you how much he slouches because that's how I show things off.
A slightly different shot because I took the time to send it to my computer from my phone and edit it, so you get to see it.
I think he makes a pretty good friend, now I just have to put him somewhere that he won't get eaten by the kitten...
C&C always welcome!
Here is a selection of skeleton warriors and Guardians from the Bones 2 Kickstarter. I have painted them to represent they are inhabitants of a damp old crypt, hence the green staining and rust on the weaponry.
This is the first set of Bones 2 models I have attempted to date.
Here is a group shot of the lot followed by a few close ups of particular models.
I have based them in my normal way, to represent them spilling out from the depth of a crypt.
As always comments or suggestions welcome.
I painted up 5 of the skeletons from Bones II, originally for the April Resolutionary Challenge, but once I finished the paint job, I had a complete block on how to base them so fell off the challenge wagon.
I wanted them to look like their tomb had been a bit mouldy and damp so I washed all the woods with a mix of green and grey ink, and tried to make the metals look really rusty and pitted.
Who's Online 24 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)