Sign in to follow this  
Mutilatedlips

Itsunagi - Bushido Samurai

This really looks like something that jumped off the pages of a manga.  Nicely done, and I too love the blue watery effect of the clothing.  Nicely done indeed!

CAH

• Like 1

The skin tone is spot on and the transition very nice and subtle.

The skirt has a nice "energy is flowing through it" vibe going and I think it works well with this character.

The NMM convinces especially from seen from the side. Frontally it looks slightly odd, but I think the blades thickness is responsible for this.

The base is simple, yet effective. Some waves hitting the rock would add to the surfer dude impression, but would also be evocative of Asian print ;).

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ThirstyBob
      Commissioned: Oni of Hate, from Rising Sun.

Could have made the flames a little more contrasty for sure. More lighter yellows and whites. It was taking too long though, needed to wrap it up. Any c&c appreciated.
    • By Glitterwolf
      This is Bones Nakayama Hayato Iconic Samurai.
      I found his details a bit crude and decided to paint it as a statue for my Nippon Project.

Speed Paint with the Reaper Stone Triad.
      Scale 75 Decayed Metal, P3 Molten Bronze and Vallejo Verdigris.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-1829761

There is a legend that deep in the woods around Kyoto there stands a statue of one of Nippon's greatest warriors.
      If one would find it and paid respect to it the statue might bestow luck on that person.
      It is also believed that when the Empire is in dire need, the statue will come to life to fight once more to protect Nippon.

• By Glitterwolf
      Recently @Kangaroorex sent me a Ki'rinn for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Project along with a Asian Dragon, a Chibi Dragon and some candy.
      I already had one of these Ki'Rinn and decided to paint them in two different versions, brother/sister? Evil/Good? You decide.

WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&

Anyway, as with the Asian Dragon I wanted to show their unnatural appearance by combining normal paint with metallic highlights.
      So here they are.

Hope you like them.

• By Mutilatedlips
      Hard to assemble, work in progress here
      Another for a friend, who wanted it to resemble another mini I painted for him without a weapon so he can switch the two out during game play. 

• By Mutilatedlips
      I was overuled on this one. I wanted green or gray skin, like an orgre/orc, but my friend who is running the asian campaign wanted a more human skin tone. Said it would be more useful in future games if painted that way. Makes sense, but miss what it would have looked like otherwise.  
      Also this is the fist time I ever made a base using cork and Vallejo's pumice paste.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)