• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must frequent a MUCH classier table than any I have seen in the last fifty years. Your Deadites are SPLENDIDLY painted & based creations. I love the Skeletons' bright red livery...being undead doesn't mean giving up being a snappy dresser. VERY WELL DONE!

Ya I wanted to do something that would snap on the table top. Something that would possible burn a memory in the minds of the plays has he struggle to fight off the hordes of undead! Muhahahahah!

Great work

::): Thanks

Fantastic work all around! 

I like the snow effect that you have achieved; two thumbs up!

Thanks Chaos!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By planetmut
      From left: Lisa Lambaste, security guard Ken (painted as a Vermont state trooper), Red Raine, and Beth.
    • By ced1106
      "This is a board game version of the classic skirmish game and aims to give the same feeling as the original, while making it more accessible and “ready to pick and play”. Choose your agenda between the Protectors and the Destroyers, lead your units into the city and hunt down your opponent, wreaking havoc in all that stand in your way!"

MonPoc's been through two versions. First, a prepainted collectile mini's game, then a metal one. This unpainted plastic KS is compatible with the second version. The pitch is that it's less expensive than the metal version (and there's no blind purchasing), but it's still gonna be expensive, especially if you go all-in. You play with only two monsters per game, so, imo, the core set and SG's should keep most casual players satisfied. Although the game has multiple factions, you can play the "good" ones together, and the "bad" ones together. Core game is for two players (1v1, solo, coop). Battle Royale is for 3-4 players, and adds Apex monsters as enemies for coop, or bigger monsters for regular play. With this being day three, one dual-faction add-on has been revealed.

Game rules are based on the existing Privateer Press Monster Apocalypse v.2 rules. KS is run by Mythic Games. (Better than the reverse, imo!) I assume plastics are made in China, which has had some economic instability, energy shortages, supply chain issues, and shipping issues. The game won't be delivered for at least a year, so obviously today's shipping issues may not affect delivery. But, speaking of shipping, the core box *is* large, and shipping starts at $35. I'd expect to pay more.

Other kaiju boardgames exist, including an officially licensed Godzilla one. Mythic has not said if this game will be available retail. I wouldn't be surprised if the discounts expected by distributors make this and other high-end KS games difficult for retail. Also, the high MSRP may keep FLGS customers from picking up the game (much easier to sell $150 of Magic cards than a $150 boardgame, imo).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1162110258/monsterpocalypse-board-game/posts

Three days into the campaign, and they've unlocked about half as many monsters as in the core box!

• By KevvyR
      Hi all, just thought I'd share a couple images of my first Reaper mini painted up. It definitely seemed strange not priming something before getting started (typically print my own lately in resin, so have to prime those), but I wanted to try one of the Reaper products.

I am by no means a pro, but each mini seems to get a bit better - constructive criticism welcome - I know I need to get a better photo setup sometime - maybe when the basement reno is done 🙂

Next up is Boerogg Blackrime the Frost Giant...I love doing monsters so they're on-hand when needed for our D&D campaigns 🙂

20211031_141414.mp4
    • By Chris Palmer
      One the past few weeks I have been working on the Zombie Dwarf Thanes from the Bones 5 "The Dwarf King's Crypt" Encounter set.   I ordered two of these Encounter sets, as I wanted doubles of some of the scenario pieces, as well as double the 3 zombie figures that came with the Encounter.

To help make their appearance seem more varied, I swapped a hand between Thane #1 and Thane #2.   I also trimmed the circlets off some of their heads to try and make them look more like average Dwarves.

(Edit: For some reason he photos uploaded out of order, so the backs of Thane #2 are shown after Thane #3 fronts, and the backs of Thane #3 are shown after Thane 2's fronts.)

Thane #2

Thane #1

Thane #3

The whole shambling gang

• By R2ED
      I was focused on speed, not detail.  This was trying to work them with as few colors as possible.  The more I look at them, the more they look lik ea value sketch more than a painted model, but I'm looking for where to go with them.

Another thing I need to know, is what do you all do with eye sockets?  How do you paint them or what do you do with them?

For the woman zombie, I used an ink pen and am kind of miffed that it turned out than other eyes I put way more time into.  I know I can use this in conjunction with painting, but just dotting it came out pretty believable.  I think some of that is the fact it's a dead stare, so of course, just a wash and a dot does fine.  I would be curious to know how any one else uses the pens and paint in combo.