Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

6 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Finally pledged. Cut way back from what I wanted and now I'm just at "more than I planned to spend".

Instead of "absurd".

I actually think I'm likely to be one of the lighter backers of this project, since the mean is over $1000/backer.

Dwarven Forge is definitely one that it is easy to point at others and say you didn't pledge nearly as much as they did. Castles had some people over $15k and that wasn't for a group pledge. It made my $1k seem like almost nothing.

I am still planning for around $500 now and then adding in the PM. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Talae said:

Dwarven Forge is definitely one that it is easy to point at others and say you didn't pledge nearly as much as they did. Castles had some people over $15k and that wasn't for a group pledge. It made my $1k seem like almost nothing.

I am still planning for around $500 now and then adding in the PM. 

Yeah, I ended up at $250, mostly because I was mostly looking for utilitarian pieces and I already have quite a bit of that.

• Like 3

I ended at $255- but at the make your own pledge. I figure I can get a slightly better mix of things going piecemeal.  Still, it's always more than I had initially planned. I may hem and haw a bit about the fixed pledge level (or just add more) if the pledge manager lets me move stuff around. I was changing my pledge as the kickstarter ended. 

• Like 3

I grabbed a level 2. My hit list was the limited edition temple, level 2 and the Eldritch pools. 

I didnt have enough for all for all of them. I'm hoping that I'll have enough money to get the temple before the pledge manager closes.... though that's probably going to be about the time of Bones. 

If that happens, I'll just have to move on and get over it. :lol:

• Like 3

Currently at $325, but hoping to get to about $500 by the end of PM.  Though will have the same issue with Bones.  I figure that $500 will give me a decent start on my collection.

• Like 1

Ended at 754, about where I wanted to be. The PM is iffy as I am taking an expensive trip to the USA this summer and am unsure how much it will cost. I might pick up a bit more, probably will, looks like I will not spend much on the KSIV stuff when it hits the store, just do not need much of it.  

• Like 1

I'm currently pledged at Level 3 with a lot of add-ons. I wanted to go pretty big in this because I missed KS1. And then they kept releasing things I really wanted. The choices weren't too hard as to what to select, in the grand scale, but I've been going back and forth in the margins.  The first thingI saw that I knew I had to get was the Eldritch Pools. Then the Khri Colony stuff came out, which I'm in love with. The more I saw the Passage stuff, I knew I basically wanted a pile where I could start building and not have to immediately worry about running out of pieces.  If I don't burn out my wallet with Gen Con and Bones IV, I'll add the Jade Temple in the Pledge Manager... In a way, that might be the best "set" of the bunch. At that point (god forgive me) I may convince myself that it just makes sense to go up to unpainted Dungeon of Doom.

My pledge (all unpainted): Dungeon Level III, Gorgon Tiers, Eldritch Pools, The Menagerie, Doomroller's Labrynth, Khri Colony, Double Doors, Water Terrain Tray, Burrows- Accessories, Burrows- Stilts, Ledges. And 1 painted Epic Stair, of which I plan to trade one of the stairs so that I have at least 3 of the same direction in order to build a sweet spiral. Total $1630. 

• Like 1

Bah! I had decided that I was going to back this, but I was mistaken as to what time it ended and missed out by maybe 20 minutes. Ah well more money for Gencon and Bones 4, I suppose.

Edited by EvilJames
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Yeah. Go unpainted dungeon of doom. But let us know when you get it done. :lol:

I have all but the accessories for my Castle pieces done, and my Castle is a little short of on par with the Dungeon of Doom. It took me maybe 28 hours spread over a month.  I could do some touch-ups on it (like I haven't painted the grass on my erinthor mountains), but I don't really think it's necessary. My paint job is already richer and more interesting in most cases than the factory job. (Okay, the dungeon of doom probably has quite a few more (and smaller) pieces.) Still most of it is so easy to paint; it doesn't require the same level of focus as minis. 

Here's a bunch of charts comparing the four DF kickstarters, if anyone is interested:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/164OpSpI4InF_1hyraCVzCGx0c9sIt7yDViNYwjdSCtw/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by sigmaone
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Finally pledged. Cut way back from what I wanted and now I'm just at "more than I planned to spend".

Instead of "absurd".

I actually think I'm likely to be one of the lighter backers of this project, since the mean is over $1000/backer.

Likewise.

I am well below half the average pledge amount. I want to spend thousands, but just can't justify it in the budget.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

Likewise.

I am well below half the average pledge amount. I want to spend thousands, but just can't justify it in the budget.

Yep well below and still will be even after I add a bit in PM.  I wanted to spend a ton, but alas, don't have the necessary funds and don't like carrying a balance on my credit cards.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.