Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

kodiakbear

You know, Dwarven Forge is one of those things that I have always looked at and drooled over, then looked at the price for even a really small set and moved on.  I'll obviously take a look at the KS, but I have a feeling that unfortunately, I will likely just end up saving my money for Bones IV.  I unfortunately just don't get enough games in to really justify the cost of DF, as awesome as it looks and as awesome as it would be to set up and run a group through. 

• Like 5

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Gargs said:

You know, Dwarven Forge is one of those things that I have always looked at and drooled over, then looked at the price for even a really small set and moved on.  I'll obviously take a look at the KS, but I have a feeling that unfortunately, I will likely just end up saving my money for Bones IV.  I unfortunately just don't get enough games in to really justify the cost of DF, as awesome as it looks and as awesome as it would be to set up and run a group through. 

It has transformed how I play Myth and Zombicide.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Talae said:

It has transformed how I play Myth and Zombicide.

Aye, don't get me wrong.  I'd absolutely love to have a nice collection of DF, it's just that the cost has always held me back, especially since I just don't get to play enough to justify it.  As I said though, I'll be checking it out and if there is a deal good enough in therre I just may pick some up because it would be awesome to drop on my players.  :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Aye, don't get me wrong.  I'd absolutely love to have a nice collection of DF, it's just that the cost has always held me back, especially since I just don't get to play enough to justify it.  As I said though, I'll be checking it out and if there is a deal good enough in therre I just may pick some up because it would be awesome to drop on my players.  :)

There is typically an economy of scale with this kind of thing. It can save quite a bit to go in on an order with a friend or friends.

• Like 3

I have donated to all 4 kickstarters, but typically have only done the base pledge for each. The castles were as expensive as a decent set of their original stuff. 

I lug several tubs of them to a game store, drop them on the mat and set up rooms/dungeons on the fly.  More would require me to have a more permanent place to set up- so I'm happy with what I have. 

I still drool over bigger cities and streets. I should have added the street and sewers. Not sure about how often I'd need big castle walls, so I only bought a tower and hut in 4.

Hopefully 5 will be basic pieces at low prices to round out my sets.

• Like 4

I didn't buy the streets during KS 3, and ended up buying them afterward. Everyone has their own personal calculus for this kind of thing... there are so many good inexpensive options, including re-using old cereal boxes and currogated cardboard and getting paints from walmart, that I can't really blame people who chose not to spend their money this way. I'm definitely addicted to this stuff, and I don't even get to bring it to the table that often, since we often play relative short sessions at our friend's house. Hell, we often don't even play with minis. But that doesn't stop me from dumping more than I should into every reaper KS, either. It all makes for fantastic dioramas, though. :-)

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Talae said:

A.C. in the car went out yesterday. My budget was just knocked down a couple of notches. :(

Sorry to hear that!  I have to be more conservative this time around too. I just had a bunch of dental work done, and we're having our roof reshingled. I can still go in for some nice stuff, but it's going to be tough keeping myself from going overboard.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Talae said:

No kidding. Next week's forecast has us hitting 120F.

Wow.  I mean, I guess the good news is that it isn't 120C? 

I'm going to try to paint this afternoon so that hopefully I'll have about 50% of my castle painted before the new KS starts. I'll call that a win. 

• Like 2