Dwarven Forge KS5 Back to the dungeon

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, sigmaone said:

Wow.  I mean, I guess the good news is that it isn't 120C? 

I'm going to try to paint this afternoon so that hopefully I'll have about 50% of my castle painted before the new KS starts. I'll call that a win. 

Sometimes it feels like it could be 120C...

That is impressive about your castle. I have painted 0% of mine so far.

Even with my setback, I am excited for this. I am thinking that I will try and go with a pledge for the base sets at the count that best fits my needs and then add everything else in the PM, so my funds can recharge.

• Like 2

Yeah, I'll definitely have to wait for the pledge manager to get a lot of things, too.  I'm curious to see how this goes; I know quite a few people still haven't received their stuff, so I'm wondering what day 1 will look like. But also the return to KS1 and KS2 style tiles will be interesting.

• Like 1
Just now, sigmaone said:

I really like how they are doing the different thematic "encounter areas" this time. 

I do too, but I also hope they allow for some other add on packs. There are pieces spread across a variety of sets that I want and I can't afford them all as they are now.

That being said, it is very early and could happen along the way.

I am excited to see the first round of stretch goals.

• Like 2

Bit the bullet and backed it.  Right now just at a minimal backing but will see over the next few days what else I want to add.  Never picked up DF before so might instead buy some of their other stuff to have on hand when this ships next year.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Bit the bullet and backed it.  Right now just at a minimal backing but will see over the next few days what else I want to add.  Never picked up DF before so might instead buy some of their other stuff to have on hand when this ships next year.

They hinted in the forums that you might be able to get some of the base dungeon sets without paying shipping.. they won't be discounted off the store price, but the base dungeon ones are still the most affordable, I think, if not fancy.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1241236607/wickerpunk-rpg?ref=activity

Hi, we're Crow Land Publishing, and here's our first book, Wickerpunk. A supplement book for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, with application for all fantasy and horror games, such as Pathfinder, Call Of Cthulhu and even superhero games, like Champions. It will be 275 pages.
      Folk horror – horror and supernatural fiction that relies on elements of the past, folklore, superstition, the dreadful majesty of nature, the darkest urges of old religion. And old gods. Where the landscape itself is a symbol of fear and dark majesty. 

Heroic fantasy – a dream of blades and magic, a dream of defiance of the dark powers of the world, where we can be our truest ideals of our self. 

And when these genres collide – we have Wickerpunk.  A genre in which the ancient and natural world of the Wyld meets the imperialist world of Industry.
      If you like film such as Gawain and the Green Knight, Dragonslayer and The VVitch, you'll like our book.
      If you like games such as Maiden of Sker, Greedfall, and Hellblade, you’ll like our book. 

If you like anime such as Princess Mononoke, The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Faery Gone, you’ll like our book.
      If you like TV shows such as The Witcher, Game of Thrones, (especially the White Walkers stuff!) and the classic 1980s Robin of Sherwood, you’ll like our book. 
      If you like novels such as The Mists of Avalon, The Dark Is Rising and The Broken Sword, you’ll like our book. 
      Wickerpunk is a sourcebook that instructs GMs and players alike on what wickerpunk looks like in a game of D&D or any fantasy roleplaying game.
    • By Westfalia
      We have a small and short campaign live at Kickstarter.
      As the clunky title suggests, It's about a big virus, his small buddy and some masked adventurers.

The all in level is 50 USD (60 Canadian) + postage

Thanks for having a look!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/westfaliaminiatures/flying-virus-monster-vs-masked-adventurers

• By Cranky Dog
      I barely received my last campaign pledge from Midlam that already it has something that caught my interest.

Sisters of the Kraken Cult. The female counterparts of the previous "Onslaught of the Cult of the Kraken Lord" and "Cultists of the Kraken Lord". (I now have some regret of not getting it)

What's also interesting is the optional add-on of fish folk.

Brinewind is going to have some interesting neighbors.
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/to-the-mummys-tomb-a-halfling-expedition/description

Story
      After the estate of one Fomo Barrowblight (who many moons ago, and with heavily laden bags, had said he was just off for a morning walk, never to return) was sold at auction, there came to light a strange scroll that appeared to be a map of the final resting place of a lost tribe of halflings.  These cousins lived down in the scorching Southlands, amidst endless dunes that had buried whole cities and civilisations.
      The newly elected (and so still very enthusiastic) Halfling Town Council had organised an expedition to make contact with their fellow halflings, with the aim of swapping some stories and recipes, and who knows, perhaps even coming back with some interesting new cakes.
      And, after many great perils and travails, the expedition found itself in a mysterious location known as 'The Valley of the Things'.  Here, recipes in strange hieroglyphs were marked on tomb walls,  guarded jealously by High Priests and long mummified pastry chefs.  
      The expedition takes time to assuage the fears of the High Priests that they are here to steal the sacred recipes and make formal diplomatic relations.  But Fomo Barrowblight and another mysterious figure seem intent on stealing the recipe to the sacred pie and have already gleaned some of the ingredients...
      To the Mummy's Tomb!
      Introducing a series of  Eight Fantasy Miniatures in 28mm scale from a halfling expedition to the burial grounds of their cousins, in the desert southlands. 
        Halfling Town Council Five
      The latest elected Halfling Town Council, has been responsible for launching the expedition to the distant Southlands, as always, it is made up of eight different townsfolk from all walks of life.

I've already pledged for the whole set, why haven't you?

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bigchildcreatives/echoes-of-camelot-arthurian-legends

Story
      Echoes of Camelot: Arthurian Legends is a project that will expand our 75mm resin miniature range with new and exciting models based on the Matter of Britan, particularly around the figure of King Arthur and his Knights. We have many cool surprises prepared should you help us bring this dream to life.
      These miniatures have been sculpted and painted here at the Big Child Creatives studio with the collaboration of some of the most talented miniature artists out there. And what is more, they will be manufactured by our own talented team of resin casting experts. This allows us to monitor the process closely to ensure the best quality in the market and a timely delivery.
      We have learned a lot from our previous campaigns, and we want to put all this experience to good use, repeating everything we did right, improving upon it, and correcting our past mistakes. We invite you to join us in this journey of discovery throughout the Matter of Britain and its amazing cast of unique characters.
      This campaign is a journey of discovery, full of surprises such as custom bits to make your miniatures even more striking than they already are. Some of these kits will be Kickstarter exclusive, so those of you who choose to support us will be able to proudly show it through unique miniatures, even more full of life and character than our regular releases.

Painted by Ruben Martinez "RMA" Painted by Marc Masclans Painted by Arnau Lazaro
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)