Secret Sophie to Tarsemina

robinh

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the likes and comments folks.

Tarsemina --  I am not sure how it can be used in a game but it has two coats of gloss varnish followed by at least 3 of mat so it should be able to stand up to some handling.     Did the crows on the rifle/scythe stay attached?  I pinned them but the contact point does not allow for a deep setting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Zloyduh
      Just in time for the season!
      I happened to be going through some sort of a creativity crisis.  I would start on a figure and almost right away stop feeling it.
      This guy seemed to shake me up quiet nicely.  Although, I did get tired at the end and rushed a few things.  But, as I remember, the profys recommend "paint more minis" as oppose to sitting over one for eternity trying to get it to perfection.

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      And once again, Halloween and the Coming of the Great Pumpkin are imminent! To celebrate this (and my new painting area finally being functional.) I present Fellclaw...

A relatively easy paint, although I did have a moment of confusion concerning the knife in his belt, as I initially mistook it as being folds in the cloth.

and here's a comparison shot with Reaper's Rotpatch scarecrow..

One of these days I'll have to put together a cornfield for them to lurk in.
    • By KruleBear
      Another one bites the dust….😆

One of my favorite sculpt…but in the old Bones plastic. I put a little extra into the base, otherwise it was a pretty straight forward zen of Bones quick paint job. Overall I like the scheme and it has given me ideas for when I paint my metal version. Not sure about the green face and the blue glow under the rib cage is too subtle. 

And as an aside …..the quality of Testors Dullcoat is not nearly as good as it was a decade ago. The newer formulation continues to give me a semi gloss finish.  Oh well. 
    • By Iridil
      Tried more new things on this mini - newest being water effects. Does not show so well in the pic, but the tidal effect looks decent in hand with the front wet and the back dry. Learned a lot about how not to use the stuff along the way. Also tried making the crows iridescent, which mostly worked but didn't photograph - next time I will use more purple/green and less blue. Note I did not attach the 2  crows which come as a separate pience - they didn't seem to want to stay attached, I have a fear of pinning, and I developed plans for them....

• By Iridil
      Hi all,

Continuing on my not so subtle theme a a group of 4 Gauntfields with colorful taste in coats.

The 5th Guantfield is one I painted at RC 2018 random paint - just added a few touches to it at home. That was fun.... and came out rather well considering the random colors and need for polka dots on the sickle!