I want to say a few things here about this particular feat, because I want people to know just how amazing Guindy's accomplishment is.  DDS2 is legitimately brutal, easily the meanest of all the goblin challenges and I expect (and pray) it will hold that title for a long time.  I don't even think Maal Drakkar can unseat it.  DDS2 crippled me for the better part of a week afterwards, and I took every shortcut I could.

Guindy didn't.  I told her to.  I begged her to.  I even tried bribes and threats, and she would have none of it.  She was going to push for the best job she could manage, and to hell with my exhortations to do less than the absolute best.  In pursuit of this excellence, I happen to know she painted for at least 24 hours straight at the end.

This was no mere challenge, this was a Champion Effort above and beyond.  This lady did something legendary, and I thought you should all know that. 

Truly, she is The Greatest of All Goblins. 

• Like 18

Thanks, you guys! I really appreciate all of the kind words!

Looks great.  I'm still amazed that you were able to turn out this level of quality in just a week.

I like how the stonework turned out.  What did you use for shading and highlights?

The stonework went like this:
thinned Brown Liner/MSP Faded Khaki
then a solid basecoat of Faded Khaki
then a wash of equal parts MSP Intense Brown, MSP Muddy Brown and Secret Weapon Dark Sepia wash, plus enough water to thin it back down to wash consistency
once the wash was dry, I drybrushed in spots where I wanted to bring the midtone back in with straight Faded Khaki
then I went in with a mix of Faded Khaki and MSP Pure White (I think I used less than 50% white) and lightly drybrushed it over the very tops of the ruins, any raised points and very lightly swept it across the tops of each individual brick of the ruins

I want to say a few things here about this particular feat, because I want people to know just how amazing Guindy's accomplishment is.  DDS2 is legitimately brutal, easily the meanest of all the goblin challenges and I expect (and pray) it will hold that title for a long time.  I don't even think Maal Drakkar can unseat it.  DDS2 crippled me for the better part of a week afterwards, and I took every shortcut I could.

Guindy didn't.  I told her to.  I begged her to.  I even tried bribes and threats, and she would have none of it.  She was going to push for the best job she could manage, and to hell with my exhortations to do less than the absolute best.  In pursuit of this excellence, I happen to know she painted for at least 24 hours straight at the end.

This was no mere challenge, this was a Champion Effort above and beyond.  This lady did something legendary, and I thought you should all know that. 

Awwwww  :wub:

It's true... I'm way too stubborn for my own good!  ::P:

• Like 16

I think that eye technique needs to be stickied! That's fantastic.

I'm following this topic. Is that the best way to bookmark this post?

Bookmark it as a regular bookmark on your computer so you can find it again.

It will eventually drop off the front pages.

• Like 2

Hear Hear!!

This is truly stunning... And your color choices... just wow me!! Seriously brilliantly done!

• Like 4

I think that eye technique needs to be stickied! That's fantastic.

I'm following this topic. Is that the best way to bookmark this post?

Bookmark it as a regular bookmark on your computer so you can find it again.

It will eventually drop off the front pages.

Following topics will essentially work as a bookmark. I don't know how permanent of a bookmark it is, but you can get to the list of your followed topics at any time by clicking on your username at the top of the screen, followed by clicking on "Content I Follow". My list of followed topics dates back to 2014, so I assume that these lists don't get purged.

Alternatively, you can always feel free to shoot me a pm. ^_^

• Like 2