Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Rahz
      Since apparently I am incapable of working on a single project, here is another 3D print that is presently “under the brush”.  Seemed sadly appropriate for these days.  
       
      Here he is before the cure. 
       
      a little Vallejo black primer. 

       
      Picked out the beak with Vallejo Dark Fleshtone by brush. 

       
      Went back to the airbrush and hit all the black parts with Reaper Coal Black (seriously, is there another black?!). 
      The beak then got some Reaper Rich Leather mixed with increasing amounts of Model Air Sand, focusing the lighter sand colour on top. The straps for the mask were painted with Rich Leather as well. 
       

       
      The beak then got a drybrush of straight Vallejo model Air Sand, followed by a very light and selective dry brush with Warcolours White.  
       
      The black then got a heavy dry brush of Reaper Jungle Mist.  
       
      next up will be some washes with some details being picked out and some metallic around the goggle lenses. 
       
      Thanks for looking.  
    • By elfonamouse
      Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that.  He came missing the the left hand and club. 


    • By Rahz
      Needing a break from resin (and not knowing how I want to paint my latest print), I have turned back to more basic crafting with xps foam.  Leaning heavily on the teachings of Black Magic Craft on YouTube.  These were also good to pick at during the seemingly 10000 hours of teleconferences I was on last week. 
       
      3/4” by 2.5” forms were cut and deck screws added to one end to provide some weight.  I next marked out every 1/4”, then scored then with the knife and speed square.  The verticale cuts were eyeballed about 1/3 of the way in on alternating rows (I did half one way, the other reversed to add some variety). I then went over all the cuts with a pen to increase the indent and soften the inner edges.  

       
      I then cut out the end caps 1” square and textured everything, pillars included with rolled up tin foil.  

       
      Lastly, I used hot glue to assemble the pieces.  

       
      hope to get them primed tomorrow and then a quick paint job on Sunday.   Not that we’re playing D&D these days but I hope to have a few more pieces of terrain ready to go for when all this horrible stuff passes and we can resume our normal routines.  
       
      Thanks for looking. 


       
       
    • By Joshinminn
      I base coated this guy (Otherworld Shadow 1 of 2) in Reaper Nightmare Black (a gorgeous blue-black) and drybrush highlighted with a 50/50 mix of Oceanic Blue and Pure White. 
       
      I think he looks done! Thoughts? Too heavy on the dry brush? I plan to use some Vallejo Ground Texture on the base. Happy to hear comments and criticism.

    • By Rahz
      So I’ve been burning through resin for the past few weeks.  Been focusing on busts as my collection of unpainted minis is... impressive.  I should be painting those, but...  Other than my airbrush exploding on me (paint bubbling up through the trigger), this guy hasn’t taken much time yet.  
       
      Got this from Fotis Mint on Patreon along with a bunch of other ones. 


      Printed with a mix of regular clear Elegoo resin mixed with clear red ABS-like Elegoo, about 70/30.  
       

      Primed with Vallejo black primer then base coated with Reaper Coal Black (my new favourite black!!) with a drop of Minitaire Green ghost tint to help enhance the green hue.  
       

      he then got a bib and I hit his face with Reaper Mist Green mixed with some white with a lighter (much more white than Most Green) highlight.  
       

      i then glossed up the face with some varnish. 
       

      His face then got some washes.  Old GW Ogryn Flesh thinned down all over, Vallejo Model Wash Dark Green on the skin and Minitaire Fresh Blood Ghost Tint on the lips and teeth.  
       
      The crown then got a base coat of Reaper Scorched Metal.  
       
      Apparently I didn’t take shots of it, but I then mat coated it and cleaned up the black around the face.  
       
      Tonight I’ll bring the skin back to an almost pure white, leaving the washes in the cracks and I’ll get his mouth done.  
      The crown is a more silver colour in the comics but I’m planning on sponging lighter metallics on to give it a less pristine look.  The leather will be relatively plain as I want the face to stand out, but it will get some highlights and buckles picked out. 
       
      Thanks for looking. 
       
       
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...