• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just added a new light to my paint area! In the center is my new Architect light. It's very nice and bright white light, I really like it. Can't have TOO much light in paint areas right??

15781586_1071559682973121_37979700504451

Hmmm, clearly you need more paint.  I can still see surface area around the table.  :) 

• Like 5

Out of curiosity, how do you have your paints sorted? At a glance, they seem to be by color within a brand/paint line. If that is the case, I am curious how far apart paints in a typical triad (shade/mid/highlight) ends up on the shelf. Do other paints fall between?

• Like 2

@Gargs - there's more paint in some of the drawers :;):

Out of curiosity, how do you have your paints sorted? At a glance, they seem to be by color within a brand/paint line. If that is the case, I am curious how far apart paints in a typical triad (shade/mid/highlight) ends up on the shelf. Do other paints fall between?

Mostly by color with the skin tone triads all together and by ascending numbers, they are located towards the middle. The HD line I have by ascending number as and SC 75 by ascending numbers.

I thought about doing ascending numbers for al Reaperl, but ran into the problem of paints being out of "color order" and my OCD went wacko. I can deal with smal subsets in a different order like speciality paints, but not the whole thing.

• Like 3

@Gargs - there's more paint in some of the drawers :;):

Oh, I did see some in the drawers, but still, its not yet overflowing and covering the table but for the small area of actual painting.  :P

In all seriousness, I imagine my paint collection will eventually end up somewhat similar if I keep at it, if for no other reason than to not have to remember paint mix recipes and the like (which is especially important with regard to P3 paints as there's are a lot harder to mix precisely given the lack of dropper bottles -- same applies to Citadel of course, but I don't have any Citadel yet).

• Like 3

I have I think 250-300 different paints. The racks hold 99% of them.

Quick, list them all! Alphabetically! :)

Okay! *rapidly named them all off*

Saying that I'm jealous is an understatement. This is a shrine.

Thanks!

I'm also going to build a custom table in a couple months for our gaming sessons that'll have a flat screen tv dropped inside for the dm to project maps on and covered with a sheet of plexiglass to protect versus errant dice and spills.

• Like 4

I have I think 250-300 different paints. The racks hold 99% of them.

Quick, list them all! Alphabetically! :)

Okay! *rapidly named them all off*

Rats!  Outwitted by a barbarian!  Now I'll be the butt of at least 20 goblin jokes.  :(

• Like 2

How about a video and some pics of where it's at right now??

Walking into the room to the right, we have 2 bookshelves which have my game consoles, video games, and board games on them. On the all is mounted a 50" 4K TV on a fully articulating arm.

15822803_1075750112554078_20038085165524

Here's the shot of where the magic happens, the new blinds were installed yesterday, I have my stuff set back up in the spots that I want them. Bookshelf under the desk to the left has my D&D stuff and Art Books.

15894530_1075750119220744_54443991393338

To the left of the main set-up is where I have my light box, hot foam cutter, and toaster oven used to bake clay. Then to the left of that is my corner curio cabinet which has all my display figures in it along with figures that others have painted for me in the various exchanges.

The big lazyboy is where my wife hangs out and watches TV while I paint or I hang out and play video games at. The blanket says "star wars" all over it, a gift from my wife's grandmother!

15871886_1075750139220742_37997660256436

The new IKEA drawer sets each contain 9 drawers which is enough to hold all 20 of my miniatures that have been sorted and put in their proper places.

15871885_1075750145887408_83570605529079

This corner will be the food and beverage corner. I just picked up a shelf tonight at Lowe's to go over the fridge and I'll change that folder cabinet out for a kitchen cabinet I think, something to hold snacks. Above this, I'll mount a microwave to the wall so the guys can heat things up if they bring over lunch or snacks.

15826163_1075750159220740_17686559149433

A closer shot of the painting corner set-up. You can see my 3 lights here and a gift from one crazy evil wizard who sent me a cartoon strip of the Craft Berserker.

15823467_1075750162554073_36530187350665

A better shot of the TV and games area. BB8 is saying hi.

I'm going to actually mount the LCD monitor there to the wall behind it and then I have another usable screen for my laptop so I can move the laptop a bit further from my painting area.

15822885_1075750199220736_13855802345772

The double-doors leading back out to the hallway and the current 4'x4' gaming table that seats 6-8 people. In a couple months when I get the woodshop up and going, I will build a longer and thinner table, putting a LED tv into it and giving everyone a station to game at.

15873282_1075750202554069_78803366847715

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 16

You know, 4 foot by 4 foot is actually the size you need for Warmahordes (though I suppose slightly larger would be good too). Just saying you know, in case you need another obsession. :)

• Like 3

You know, 4 foot by 4 foot is actually the size you need for Warmahordes (though I suppose slightly larger would be good too). Just saying you know, in case you need another obsession. :)

Nah, I love D&D and don't need another game to play or paint for hah!

• Like 2