Sign in to follow this  
ub3r_n3rd

Hobby/Game Room - an ub3r WIP!

I "watch tv" a lot and sometimes even reruns...

I'm over 50 but I just love TV

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, chaosscorpion said:

Uber did you ever get any artwork up on those walls?

:huh:

Yup! I'll take some pics of what is up on my walls soon. ::):

• Like 2

Just now, chaosscorpion said:

You must have hit Submit just before I did, and isn't "soon" supposed to be trademarked?

Here you go!

yeah the tm doesn't work anymore when you do the (tm)

IMG_6325.thumb.JPG.36b03419af17b42931ab5667a3fabc16.JPGIMG_6326.thumb.JPG.067f294dcfcb5a1969adbdffe80d0f96.JPGIMG_6327.thumb.JPG.d55998a509c4d11323879034e2386106.JPGIMG_6328.thumb.JPG.77d558dbb0f8bfc08814e94875a21190.JPG

• Like 16

Hey Ub3r, how did the IKEA drawers work out?

I am looking to organize my hobby room and am thinking of using a combination of Kallax (probably stacking 3x3’s) shelves and Alex drawers (6 and 9 drawer styles...maybe stacking some).

• Like 1

On 6/2/2018 at 11:59 PM, Talae said:

Hey Ub3r, how did the IKEA drawers work out?

I am looking to organize my hobby room and am thinking of using a combination of Kallax (probably stacking 3x3’s) shelves and Alex drawers (6 and 9 drawer styles...maybe stacking some).

Love them. I have a lot of figures and they hold them all. 

Thanks for the update!

I am thinking that a wall of storage should be enough to house my dwarven forge and my minis...I hope.

Thought I would check in and let you know that you inspired my purchase today. Two 3x3 Kallax shelves and two 6-drawer Alex drawers (shorter, but wider), plus a countertop to sit on the drawers.

20180627_150752.thumb.jpg.155ad058df9b1e56ff2ce1b20765629e.jpg

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      Well, while I let Devona dry, I’ll switch gears to a mini off the shelf of waiting...

I started Kagunk, Ofre Chieftain a year or two ago.  

The plan is for an ice ogre, with blue-gray skin.
    • By Rahz
      Another 3D print that I’m working on, this time a big one.  I’ve shoes away from buying/printing dragons for the most part as I have a ton of amazing Reaper ones still to paint (or finish... ) but this one was a freebie of sorts from one of the creators I follow on Patreon.  

In keeping with my clear resin tricks, I whipped up the base really quickly and then stalled on how I was going to paint the actual dragon...  oops!  

I masked off the crystals and plugged the holes for the feet and primed it with a mix of brown and grey Vallejo primers, drybrushed it with a tan followed by a tan mixed with white and then it got a series of Vallejo model washes (green, grey and dark brown).  I then peeled off the mask and gave the crystals a quick coat with Tamiya Clear Green.  

For the actual dragon, the plan now is to paint the heavier scales like the base with the softer belly and flesh being brown.  

Like my recent plague doctor bust, I masked his eyes so they will be the same green as the crystals on his base.  I toyed with putting a light in his head as well, but seems to be doing that to everything all of a sudden, and skipped it.  

in case you’re wondering about the pink, that’s what mixing the Vallejo red and grey primers did. The base was that colour before the drybrush and washes. 

Hoping to get some more work on the brown and get the drybrush done on his scales this weekend.  That’s going to be a lot of drybrushing!! 

Thanks for looking.  
    • By Rahz
      Since apparently I am incapable of working on a single project, here is another 3D print that is presently “under the brush”.  Seemed sadly appropriate for these days.  

Here he is before the cure. 

a little Vallejo black primer. 

Picked out the beak with Vallejo Dark Fleshtone by brush. 

Went back to the airbrush and hit all the black parts with Reaper Coal Black (seriously, is there another black?!). 
      The beak then got some Reaper Rich Leather mixed with increasing amounts of Model Air Sand, focusing the lighter sand colour on top. The straps for the mask were painted with Rich Leather as well. 

The beak then got a drybrush of straight Vallejo model Air Sand, followed by a very light and selective dry brush with Warcolours White.  

The black then got a heavy dry brush of Reaper Jungle Mist.  

next up will be some washes with some details being picked out and some metallic around the goggle lenses. 

Thanks for looking.  
    • By elfonamouse
      Working on the Stone Giant. I'm looking for any constructive criticism but especially of the highlighting on the flesh. Not sure if I am finished or if it needs more highlights on the flesh. Everything else just is base colors and has not been worked on other than that.  He came missing the the left hand and club. 

• By Rahz
      Needing a break from resin (and not knowing how I want to paint my latest print), I have turned back to more basic crafting with xps foam.  Leaning heavily on the teachings of Black Magic Craft on YouTube.  These were also good to pick at during the seemingly 10000 hours of teleconferences I was on last week. 

3/4” by 2.5” forms were cut and deck screws added to one end to provide some weight.  I next marked out every 1/4”, then scored then with the knife and speed square.  The verticale cuts were eyeballed about 1/3 of the way in on alternating rows (I did half one way, the other reversed to add some variety). I then went over all the cuts with a pen to increase the indent and soften the inner edges.  

I then cut out the end caps 1” square and textured everything, pillars included with rolled up tin foil.  

Lastly, I used hot glue to assemble the pieces.  

hope to get them primed tomorrow and then a quick paint job on Sunday.   Not that we’re playing D&D these days but I hope to have a few more pieces of terrain ready to go for when all this horrible stuff passes and we can resume our normal routines.  

Thanks for looking. 

• Who's Online   35 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)