Getting To Know Each Other - January 2017

Crowley

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for January 5th

Which Doctor is the best Doctor, and why?

(anyone with Doctor in their name can count for this: Who, Crusher, Strange, etc)

Right now, I'd have to say it's Doctor Nash, who is the doctor in charge of keeping my wife alive with her Leukemia.

(Sorry, all the answers don't have to feed back to that, but honestly - what other doctor is better than him for me now?  Hopefully tomorrow's question will be something less medical. :)

• Like 16

Really the amazing, pie in the sky, long-shot of the year will be the atelier. If we can get that off the ground, then it's coping with full time school while I have a full time job.

Then maybe I'll catch up to that rock star Morihalda :p

Another goal is to get back up some mountains. I especially want to get some new source pics for painting, fire towers in particular. And to continue the Morihalda Challenge forever. I was chuckling reading a Frank Cho book where he said 'Make Art Every Day!'

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with life. Probably should get in better shape, but I'm not in bad shape, so the heck with it.

I learned a new word today!

-wrinkles nose at "rock star"- ::P: But whoo! Art every day!

And he used that word on me one day too, David! I sneakily googled it, and then was like,

"Ahh, atelier. Yes. Quite."

Cvkjm7sW8AAmKLm.jpg

(I don't think I'm saying it right, though. :lol: )

atelier

[at-l-yey, at-l-yey; French atuh-lyey]

noun, plural ateliers [at-l-yeyz, at-l-yeyz; French atuh-lyey]

Dr. Elizabeth Blackwell, first woman in the US to earn a medical degree.

Also Dr. Juliana Morell, first woman to earn a university degree and a doctorate.

Edited by Kheprera
  • Like 8

-squints-

I. l.

Are those eyes or ells? :lol:

I've been saying ah-tell-ee-ay, like how my fancy friend in real life says it.

"Ahh, atelier. Yes. Quite."

Cvkjm7sW8AAmKLm.jpg

(I don't think I'm saying it right, though. :lol: )

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/us/pronunciation/english/atelier

:)

Wahaha, my fancy friend and I are Brits! :lol:

• Like 7

Question for January 4th

New Year, New Goals! What's your big stretch goal for the year? (doesn't have to be hobby related)

Paint at least a mini per week, preferably 2. Or 3. Also finish Ma'al. And win a silver medal at Reapercon. ::): 

Question for January 5th

(anyone with Doctor in their name can count for this: Who, Crusher, Strange, etc)

Right now, I'd have to say it's Doctor Nash, who is the doctor in charge of keeping my wife alive with her Leukemia.

(Sorry, all the answers don't have to feed back to that, but honestly - what other doctor is better than him for me now?  Hopefully tomorrow's question will be something less medical. :)

Perfectly understandable! I'd be the same, I'm sure.

And thinking of which... For me, it's gotta be Dr Visram, who is the absolutely wonderful lady who's going to be setting up my HRT regimen. :wub: Another option might be a guy I once worked with, Keith, who had a PhD and an MD and had taken a few years off medicine to teach computer programming... by the age of 30. Even by my standards - and I know a lot of freaky smart people! - he's a pretty bright guy. ::D: 

As far as hero-type doctors... Dr Watson, who was a legitimate man of action as well as being a remarkably clever fellow in his own right.

• Like 8

Question for January 5th

Doctor Asirvatham of the Mayo Clinic, because he saved my life and inspired my child. Without him, I likely would have died on the operating table back in 2003.

Doctors Hartwell, Fulton, and "T-H" are all pretty fantastic as well (and are also doing their share to mentor and inspire my boy). 

• Like 14

Question for January 5th

Dr. Norman Borlaug, for doing as much as any one person I can think of to reduce death by starvation.

I couldn't press Like more than once so I quoted too...

• Like 10

Question for January 5th

It would have to be THE Doctor, of one of the longest-running shows ever. And there really is only one Doctor, who happens to have had many, many forms.

For real life, I would say Dr. Kakamanu, my wife's oncologist. And that's because he pulled absolutely no punches when he dealt with us, he gave everything to us straight up. Other doctors sugarcoat things or simply omit things because they don't want to hurt our feelings, but our doctor gave us the unvarnished truth so that we could make informed decisions.

• Like 9