Getting To Know Each Other - January 2017

Crowley

Question for January 3, 2017

It's the 3rd day of the year, have you done any hobby related activities yet?

I have organized some drawers of blistered miniatures. I cleaned one and added paint to another. Sadly, that was only 30 minutes or so. >__<

• Like 7

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for January 4th

New Year, New Goals! What's your big stretch goal for the year? (doesn't have to be hobby related)

- Learn lost wax casting

- Lose 50 lb (70 really, but that is too much in one year). I started the day after Christmas and am already down 3 lb.

- Have a sustained, daylight sighting of a sasquatch :B):

• Like 12

Question for January 4th

New Year, New Goals! What's your big stretch goal for the year? (doesn't have to be hobby related)

I'm trying to paint more. My current system for this is a "don't break the chain" of painting for at least 15 minutes each day. So far so good. I'm also coming up with a workout plan. Most likely a 3x a week deal. That one I'm still working out the details.
  • Like 8

Question for January 4th

Ma'al Drakar

While I'm not gonna go for any crazy goblin challenge, getting it done this year is totally doable...

• Like 8

1/4: Goals for the year include making progress toward finishing the basement (this likely involves dismantling the dog pen the previous owners built in one corner of the basement and getting rid of all the extra random junk on that side of the basement - then getting shelving units for that side so we can organize our stuff better).

• Like 7

Going to skool to learn anatomy seems like taking all the fun out of it.  As a believer in traditional ancient medicine, I refuse to know what things are named or what they do!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm needed in Room 3 to do a whatzatectomy.

That's not a bad idea! These videos are so informationally dense.  :zombie:

But unfortunately, if I try to draw/sculpt one of your friends and their knees look like elbows and their canthus is by their stomach instead of their glabella, you'd all be yelling at me for destroying a perfectly fine body. :lol:

Eh, that's probably normal for goblins.

• Like 8

Question for January 4th

I'm continuing with my art every day this year! I drew for 315/365 days last year. May 1st to today is one nonstop streak. ::): It took a few months to get started, but I did it!

This year, I'm turning it to any kind of art instead of just drawing. I intend to keep sketching and practicing, but my main focus in the second half of the year will be sculpting. :wub:

• Like 15

Question for January 4th

• Lose some weight.
  • Exercise more, at least once a week.
  • Paint more even during the week after work.
  • Try to not let World Events affect me too much.
  • Try to take some distance from family / friend's problems, these are not MY problems...be supportive, but don't let it get to you..stupid Wolf..
  • Have more fun.
  • Achieve World Domination.
Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 11

Question for January 4th

I'd love to drop a dress size and move house...losing weight is totally do-able as long as I have any will power and force myself to exercise even when I'm on a downer, but moving house I fear is just a dream  :unsure:

Edited by Oathsworn Jo
  • Like 9

Question for January 4th

Fitness.  ALL THE FITNESS.  I want to reach a full hit dice.  No more 1-1 for me!  I'll be able to hang with the big guys... like giant centipedes, or slightly malnourished bullywugs.

• Like 14