Getting To Know Each Other - January 2017

Crowley

Question for January 4th

New Year, New Goals! What's your big stretch goal for the year? (doesn't have to be hobby related)

Clean up and rearrange the art/hobby room and the office.  Restart my 5+ day per week workout regimen.  Finish painting my Mansions of Madness and Mice and Mystics expansion miniatures.  Take at least 1 trip, preferably internationally.

• Like 8

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for January 4th

New Year, New Goals! What's your big stretch goal for the year? (doesn't have to be hobby related)

1) Work on reducing my weight.  Really, if I can just control my snacking it should follow.

2) Try to reduce my addiction to backing things on Kickstarter.  Yes, these are cool things, but do I need so much of them?

3) Keep my wife alive. 

4) Paint more.  Much more.

• Like 10

Jan 4:

The goal hobbywise is to finish at least one, maybe two minis a week. Last year I tried to keep up with Nov and Dec mini a day challenges and when work intruded on this I began to get rather mean. So to avoid that I've dailed it back a bit although the minis are getting impatient.(anyone else ever have vivid dreams of mini nagging you or a dream where you finished one only to find upon awakening that it's still in primer?)

As to other areas of life I plan to continue my hopeless quest at work. The coworkers burst into song constantly and while I've given up on stopping this, I'm now trying to get them to create their own lyrics at least. Or failing that create their own catchphrases instead of just parroting the same tired song lyrics or youtube quotes. Don't get me wrong I like them for the most part it's just having to hear the same things over and over and over again is driving me mad, especially when there's no creative effort being put in it.

Other long term goal is to grow the savings account a bit.

• Like 7

Question for January 4th

Fitness.  ALL THE FITNESS.  I want to reach a full hit dice.  No more 1-1 for me!  I'll be able to hang with the big guys... like giant centipedes, or slightly malnourished bullywugs.

Keep it up, and we'll promote you to a full hit die orc in no time!

For myself, I'd like to claim that I will be working on fitness and/or weight loss, but history suggests that it is a long shot.

• Like 6

Question for January 4th

Survive until the end of the year.

Get caught up on all bills.

Paydown my credit card to at least 1/2 or 3/4.

Get my driver's license.

Anything else is just bonus.

• Like 7

Question for January 4th

I would like to paint up one mini a month at a minimum. Maybe I can stop being such an expert at procrastination.

Also maybe start talking to people on a regular basis.

Edited by hiddenone32
  • Like 5

Question for January 4th

Hobby related - get more minis painted. I need to accept tabletop level for monsters and mooks. If I can do more speed painting like I did with the skeletons, I should be good there.

Personal side - Health and fitness. I have type 2 diabetes, and finally got my blood sugars under control over the last 3 months. A1C is down to 5.8, and I lost almost 30 lbs since September. Goals for 2017 are to drop another 25 lbs by summer and start getting in more active exercise than just daily walks.

• Like 7

Question for January 4th

Really the amazing, pie in the sky, long-shot of the year will be the atelier. If we can get that off the ground, then it's coping with full time school while I have a full time job.

Then maybe I'll catch up to that rock star Morihalda :p

Another goal is to get back up some mountains. I especially want to get some new source pics for painting, fire towers in particular. And to continue the Morihalda Challenge forever. I was chuckling reading a Frank Cho book where he said 'Make Art Every Day!'

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with life. Probably should get in better shape, but I'm not in bad shape, so the heck with it.

• Like 7

Really the amazing, pie in the sky, long-shot of the year will be the atelier. If we can get that off the ground, then it's coping with full time school while I have a full time job.

Then maybe I'll catch up to that rock star Morihalda :p

Another goal is to get back up some mountains. I especially want to get some new source pics for painting, fire towers in particular. And to continue the Morihalda Challenge forever. I was chuckling reading a Frank Cho book where he said 'Make Art Every Day!'

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with life. Probably should get in better shape, but I'm not in bad shape, so the heck with it.

I learned a new word today!

• Like 7

Question for January 3, 2017

It's the 3rd day of the year, have you done any hobby related activities yet?

Yup.  Spent some time removing the last bits of paint from some recycled vintage minis with a dental pick last night.  The next batch is already soaking in Simple Green.  

The Egg  

• Like 6

Question for January 4th

I need to lose weight and get in shape.

Hobby related, I kept with painting at least 30 minutes most of last year. So I plan to keep with that. Oh and finish my Zombicide zombies and maybe a survivor or 4.

• Like 6