canuckotter

77275: Kelpies (just one of them)

She is a LOVELY creation, BEAUTIFULLY painted. OUTSTANDING WORK!

She looks like just the thing to snap anyone out of a funk.

• Like 1

Awesome!

You painted her already!!!

WOOF is pleased...Target Hit, Mission Accomplished...

Excellent work!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The female changed from being a Storm Giant to being a Cloud Giant between the kickstarter and the retail release of the miniature. Whatever the subtype, she still gets a case of Smurfette syndrome.

The pose of the female is a bit strange, and she does have a certain supermodel-vibe going on. Reaper has explained that the pose was meant to illustrate her bending down to talk to someone human sized, and as such it is not too bad. But taken out of context it just comes off as a bit cheesecake-ish. Reaper has acknowledged that the pose did not work as intended. The swimsuit-like corset really does not help to avoid this impression at all.
      Again, a mini with a slight case of bendyweaponitis. (which, in fact, is the proper scientific name for it). Treated with hot water then cold to straighten out the worst of it.

I based her on a 50mm round lipped base.

77162 Yephima, Female Cloud Giant (the male one did not get a proper name, I wonder why not?)
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Storm Giants subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Patrick Keith
      Bonesium PVC
      50mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By canuckotter
      Getting into more Bones 4 goodies. (For once being in Canada is to my advantage when it comes to shipping!) Doing some frankly ridiculous hell hounds from the Fan Favourites expansion. Ridiculous because of the colours I've chosen, to be clear - the sculpts are delightful, if a little more explicitly male than I might have preferred... 

This first one is going to have a pink glow in all the cracks. The goal is to look sort of like lava only weird and magical. Not sure how well it's going to look but we'll find out! 

First step was to paint the poor beastie pink... Really only the cracks needed to be pink but there are so many cracks and I was so tired when I was doing this that I just slopped pink everywhere:

Then tonight I started to go back and make the dark plates:

Hopefully more tomorrow!
    • By canuckotter
      Starting in on Bones 4 already! (It's impolite to ask how I'm doing on Bones 3.) And I had to start with Izzy, because Izzy.  

Just roughing in some colours, and sadly had only a couple minutes to paint tonight and part of that went to cleaning up some of the disaster from the last time the kids painted.

Suggestions on colours for the rest of her would be greatly appreciated!
    • By Patrik Strom
      This is a miniature from last year. A NPC barbarian in a game I’m playing in got a two handed sword, which the old miniature used to represent the character of course didn’t have. So it was time for a switch. Overall it went fairly quick to complete the figure and I’m quite happy with the results.

• By canuckotter
      Calling these little maniacs done. Not the greatest paint job ever and I should probably have done something - anything - with the bases, but oh well. They were a ton of fun to paint. 

For those who hadn't seen the WIP thread, these guys are old Night Goblin bodies (sent to me by the ever-amazing @malefactus ) with heads from the Frostgrave plastic gnoll kit.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 0 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)