I am delighted you like the Evil Pumpkin Guy. Of all the things I enjoy about the craft, making pieces for a friend is the absolute best.

Here's a comparison shot for size. The Little Pumpkin Fiend is around Dwarf size:

DSCN3441.jpg

...having a few photos of things you send almost guarantees they'll get there safely.

• Like 19

HOLY CATS THAT IS **AWESOME**!!! ::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub:: ::wub::  I'm also insanely jealous!  Not only because of how cool it is and how well its painted, but also because i have a silly fondness for pumpkin headed creatures. ::wub::

• Like 4

Magnificently Painted !!!

Malefactus works just call out to you to paint, push yourself and be zanny.

"Be Zee almighty painter" !!!

It doesn't really say this was made by Malefactus, unless you have put in humor,

creativity, and defy all your natural instincts !!!

Love what you have done... The monicle Eye is a brilliant idea !!!

Jay applauds the painter, and the creator. 

Oh So Well Done

• Like 4

Magnificently Painted !!!

Malefactus works just call out to you to paint, push yourself and be zanny.

"Be Zee almighty painter" !!!

It doesn't really say this was made by Malefactus, unless you have put in humor,

creativity, and defy all your natural instincts !!!

Love what you have done... The monicle Eye is a brilliant idea !!!

Jay applauds the painter, and the creator. 

Oh So Well Done

He was painted when he arrived....

(wasn't sure if you were complimenting me, so wanted to be clear on that!)

• Like 3

I didn't realize you were in HSB. My dad lives in Granite Shoals.

You'll have to stop by one day when you visit him...seeing an actual Reaper Forumite would be terrific! Around here anything under a hundred miles is in the neighborhood.

HOLY CATS THAT IS **AWESOME**!!! : :wub:: : :wub:: : :wub:: : :wub::  I'm also insanely jealous!  Not only because of how cool it is and how well its painted, but also because i have a silly fondness for pumpkin headed creatures. : :wub::

It could happen to you...if I had your address that is.

• Like 4

I didn't realize you were in HSB. My dad lives in Granite Shoals.

You'll have to stop by one day when you visit him...seeing an actual Reaper Forumite would be terrific! Around here anything under a hundred miles is in the neighborhood.

HOLY CATS THAT IS **AWESOME**!!! : :wub:: : :wub:: : :wub:: : :wub:: I'm also insanely jealous! Not only because of how cool it is and how well its painted, but also because i have a silly fondness for pumpkin headed creatures. : :wub::

It could happen to you...if I had your address that is.

Oh my, to see the glory of your kingdom in person. :blink::wub: That would be awesome^100

• Like 5

George, please forgive me for hijacking your thread.

Oh my, to see the glory of your kingdom in person. :blink::wub: That would be awesome^100

It would be WONDERFUL having some one to show  it all to...maybe I could convince you to take a piece or two home with you.

Being a deaf guy in a new place I haven't made many friends here...a new one would be a treasure.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      I had used a bunch of leftover paint for the Reaper bones version of Aviriel Tellerion (77070), and those colors where more in the "evil spectrum" so I switched her over to being a dark elf.  Very happy with how her face turned out, sadly she is looking down so you cannot really see it on the table.
      It has been a while since I posted, I have had a slump in my desire to paint this spring and I tend to wait until I have a bunch to show off to get the light box out.   Avirion here was painted in March.

• By Mutilatedlips
      I've had plans to paint this for a long time, wanted to get it done before the bones 4 dark elf throne piece overshadows it. 

• By lazarp
      So one of my friends who plays dnd with me painted this one yesterday to be used as his pc in our campaign. He actually hasn't painted any minis for a few years so this one was a comeback for him . I really like how it turned out!

• By KingMob
      Meet Pollux! And his pseudo-dragon Nestor! Privateer turned Merc, and part of the Red Cloaks. Also: plays with fire.

89014: Seltyiel, Iconic Magus - BONES. Can you say 'fiddly bits'? This guy is packed to the gills with fiddly bits to paint. Yup, that much detail on a BONES miniature.

Painted in Autumn palette with NMM, OSL, and Texture. Really dig this miniature and how much character that was packed into 28mm. Another Klocke sculpt! That guys is brililant. Or insane. Or insanely brilliant. Either way, I like it.

• By Pingo
      Well, now.

This is a bit of an unusual project. Earlier this year @malefactus kindly sent me some unpainted miniatures that he thought I could get some use out of. Among them was an already based and primed copy of Reaper's 14016, Judas Bloodspire, Necropolis Warlord, sculpted by the legendary Werner Klocke.

I had already painted a quickie version the Bones version of the sculpt, 77160: Judas Bloodspire, Vampire and had discovered how fun the sculpt was, so I was pleased to have another to paint, especially since it was mounted on one of malefactus' inimitable bases.

I am not entirely sure how malefactus put this together. The central cylinder and the base seem to be wood. He sculpted pavement on the upper base and added something like moss and his signature mushrooms and primed the whole thing in black with white brushed over it.

In transit the cape (whose attachment is always a delicate piece of this figure) had come loose, so I cleaned the glue off it and set it aside to paint separately and rejoin later.

While playing around with how to attach the cape I discovered a different angle of attachment from the standard pose which appears to be more stable, and which I plan to try. More details on that later, or you can check out the link.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

Here the figure is almost as malefactus sent it to me. I have set aside his cape and already put a light wash of green on the mossy bits. This was a simple transparent mix of Phthalocyanine Green and Burnt Sienna, my go-to mix for foliage. It's completely transparent and acts like a watercolor wash.

I layered on several coats of varying mixes of the two pigments, sometimes adding a little Ultramarine Blue, also a transparent color, or Hansa Yellow Opaque, which despite its name is only semi-translucent. This lets all of malefactus' shading show through.

I like to paint skin and especially faces before the rest of the figure. I've been painting up my vampire figures with completely colorless skin mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black, so I did that here. The metal figure has much more delicate details than the Bones. The fangs are a mix of Titanium White and Yellow Ochre and the lips and eyes are pure Red Oxide and Hansa Yellow Opaque with Carbon Black.

For a color scheme I decided on a contrast to my Bones Judas Bloodspire, who had white hair, a red cloak, blue drapery and a rather misunderstood outfit (I had painted him very quickly, only intending him for tabletop use. I fell in love with the sculpt as I painted.) This one will have a dark blueish or purple cape (still thinking about that), a red greatcoat, and brown hair (maybe with some white streaks. I do like white streaks.).

I didn't take pix of the hair painting, but you can see the results in the cape-position testing pictures here. His hair was, I believe, underlaid in a medium brown mixed from Burnt Sienna with a little Ultramarine Blue and Yellow Ochre and Titanium White, then glazed with Burnt Umber and maybe some Burnt Sienna too. (Browns are complex!) No highlights yet. I also painted malefactus' paving stones with a cold grey mixed from Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, and Titanium White, visible in some photos.

Next: Beginning the figure.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 262 Guests (See full list)