• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      I think I have got the right mini name. He or she is from Fan Favourites. Painted simply, Scale 75 black metal, then a wash, then drybrush with Army Painter rough iron/rust colour. Tried to do a water effect on the base, layers of gloss mod podge with green ink and bits of wood from a log bag in the middle. 

• By Brianuk
      Loved painting this little chap from Dreadmere. Had ideas of painting him up as a villain or grim ranger but went back to a traditional bright Halfling pallette. 

• By Adrift
      #1 A Chainmail orc from WotC circa early 2000s
      #2 Bones marsh troll - don't love the final result but it'll do for tabletop play
      #3 Bones ogre guard - experimenting with skin tones for DND
      #4 My FAVORITE Bones 4 figure that I identified from the Dreadmere expansion #421 - I call him the Undead Friar.

• By boldfont
      I went canon with this. No airbrush. It’s a great sculpt. Really it’s too bad Reaper would have to make a knock off version because of the IP. I bet they’d make a great remorhaz. 

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      I was painting Kieran Tallowmire. I was quite apprehensive as I found that miniature to be quite daunting will all the detail (books, candle, familiar on shoulder ...). I first wanted him to be different ... so no grey robes, no blue robes ... I went for green, which totally did not work out. So he ended up with blue robes (was the easiest way to salvage the wreck that "dark green" had done).
      Of course, the way he is holding the book and his hand, he is conjuring something,  but if green had worked, I would not have had an idea what - a plant maybe? Blue robes - water mage, water elemental. So I remembered that somewhere in my stash of 3D print files, where was a baptismal font, which looked like it could be used with Kieran.
      The next idea was to get some water sprite / elemental that was conjured out of the font ... and with a 3D file you can scale and reduce the size, so that is what I did with a water elemental / Water snake I had.
      A couple of mishaps later (me using liquid water for the first time, for example, and discovering that my version dissolves normal plastic glue) ... this is the result: I really think I had some good ideas, I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with my execution - but as I usually strive for table-top quality, I think it's ok.

The base is resin by Fenryll ... Thinking about using red on the runes outside the pentagram ... or do the blue, too? Or just leave them as they are?

Criticism welcome.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 2 Anonymous, 125 Guests (See full list)