Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Ral Partha Female Fighter - Queen

The pegasus does look a tad stringy, yes, but stringy was the style.  Overall I'd prefer a slightly stringy freehand pegasus over something like a more perfect decal - the decal might better suit modern sensibility, but would seem fake. 

In any case, hat's off for doing it.  I'm a freehand coward, which is why I just paint shapes and colours.  Lest I produce "A Dragon Sad" or "A Lion Puking".  Yours is at least a Pegasus Rampant.

• Like 5

Yeah, I don't think I would ever consider a decal for a shield.  If I can't paint it on, it just doesn't need to be there, whether it looks like a scrawny, scraggly pony or not.

I'm continually impressed by how the quality of miniature painting has improved over the years. I never saw this kind of work on minis back in the day.

You work on her face,eyes,skin, hair, the cloth and the sword... Fantastic work!

• Like 4

Really nice!

But I do decal shields.....

sometimes....

Nothing to be ashamed of. I just feel if I use some decal it's no longer my art. I'd rather paint a rag doll Pegasus than put somebody else's excellent decal in my mini.

• Like 1

The freehand on the shield does remind me of the kind of work you'd see in old bestiaries or illuminated manuscripts. I think it fits the figure well.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iridil
      This is a repaint of a mini I first painted in the 80s. If I recall the bottom says 1983 Ral Partha. I do not know the figure ID or sculpter, but the folds on her cloak were gorgeous - they pained themselves. 

I did the repaint as I have a character who is a teenager - and could not find an appropriate modern mini. I've never repainted something from my youth, I am generally to nostalgic. The before is the pale skinned one. 

• By Otyugh
      Another deep dive into the abyss...

This infernal figure was torture to pin and glue, and the storage of it is devilishly tricky because of the super bendy spear.

I really wish that minis produced with pole arms / spears would use a bit of stiff wire overmolded with the pole arm / spear casting.

I have had to adjust this spear so many times. I must have done something really evil in my last life...
    • By Otyugh
      I ain't even gonna try to feed this beastie lemongrass...

Known for its deathgaze and horrific flatulence, it was universally feared by adventurers.

But, if some brave adventurers would gather milk, the local creameries would produce Death cheese.
      I was surfing through some posts and saw the catoplebas mentioned, so I thought that someone might enjoy seeing one.
    • By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild 3D Design.
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars.

Part of my Horde of the North Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/&tab=comments#comment-1686478

Here she is.
      For those interested she is a free sample on Thingieverse.

• By Otyugh
      I've been rummaging through my mini hoard and found all kinds ancient treasures, boxed sets with the original inserts!

My stupid question is this, is anyone interested in photos of the boxed sets for identification purposes? The collection goes back to the early 80's and is from a plethora of companies.

If members are interested in miniature identification, then should there be a dedicated thread where members can post pics of their boxed sets and still carded minis? Or is there already a thread for mini identification?
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)