post-13808-0-71955900-1484003298_thumb.jpg

The color scheme Todd picked out

post-13808-0-33200900-1484003391_thumb.jpg

Started the skin

post-13808-0-95279100-1484003416_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bathory
  • Like 22

There are the three traditional options:

1. Draw/paint lots and lots of anatomy until you can see light placement just by looking.
  2. Hold the mini below a light and check the shadows.
  3. Place the unpainted mini below a light and take pictures from several different angles.  View those images while painting to see if your highlights and shadows are in the right place. 

The utility of #3 depends on your setup, but everyone can do #2 as a spot check.  #1 is why we say practice practice practice.  ::):

• Like 3

There are the three traditional options:

1. Draw/paint lots and lots of anatomy until you can see light placement just by looking.
  2. Hold the mini below a light and check the shadows.
  3. Place the unpainted mini below a light and take pictures from several different angles.  View those images while painting to see if your highlights and shadows are in the right place. 

The utility of #3 depends on your setup, but everyone can do #2 as a spot check.  #1 is why we say practice practice practice.  ::):

Or take a black and white pic.

• Like 2

I'm going to stick with what I've done on this one since I don't want to spend forever fixing just a base.

I have two patreons where I am getting (paid) mentoring by artists so hopefully I will keep leveling up this year. I plan on bugging Liz Beckley on this mini for our January lesson this month :D

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now